What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Listening to the Radio

Twosey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day, Bought an I-Pad 3 over the weekend and a docking station, I wanted to set up Radio Stations on the system and when I went to listen live, it keeps coming up with Adobe Flash Player, when I go to download this it does not load for some reason, any ideas please. Twosey

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Flash does not work on the iPad. See this link for more on that subject.

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/54704-flash-ipad.html

The best way to listen to radio stations on the iPad is through an app. Most have a long list of streaming radio stations, and the ability to add links to your own (usually obtained from their site).

The one I use is TuneIn Radio Pro. No idea if it is the best, but it works well enough that I haven't felt the need to look for a better one.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try searching "TuneIn Radio" in the app store. I use this to stream live radio stations in my area (and other stations around the world!)

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tunein Radio Pro and iheartradio are my two favorites. Between them and Sirius/XM, all bases are covered.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash Player does not work on the iPad, iPod, or iPhone due to their smaller amounts of space, and such.
As other people are saying Tunein Raido, here is the link to the app.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash Player does not work on the iPad, iPod, or iPhone due to their smaller amounts of space, and such.
here is the link to the app.

This is not why Flash doesn't work in iDevices. If you want to know why, there are existing threads on the forum, though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Twosey said:
Good day, Bought an I-Pad 3 over the weekend and a docking station, I wanted to set up Radio Stations on the system and when I went to listen live, it keeps coming up with Adobe Flash Player, when I go to download this it does not load for some reason, any ideas please. Twosey

Have you tried looking for your favourite radio stations in the app store.Many stations have their own app.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
City said:
As other people are saying Tunein Raido, here is the link to the app.

No. It's because Steve Jobs said no.

SKP1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tune In Radio is very popular in our area. I have not personally tried it, yet.

I wonder if you can get nearly any radio station you desire with this application? What has been your personal experiences with the application when traveling?

mbarlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am attending a conference that is carried on fm radio (short range - just within the facility) I have various radios and an HTC desire that can provide audio out. Is there any way to use my ipad 3 to record the program? I gather methods using the camera adaptor are not certain to work, any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
mbarlo said:
I am attending a conference that is carried on fm radio (short range - just within the facility) I have various radios and an HTC desire that can provide audio out. Is there any way to use my ipad 3 to record the program? I gather methods using the camera adaptor are not certain to work, any ideas?

I have not done this myself, so the following is only where I would start looking.

There are several apps that will record audio. All you need is the right cable to connect between your HTC and iPad. Look for cables designed to connect instruments to Garage Band (or other music creation apps). You might need an additional adaptor to downsize the instrument's jack to the HTC's audio jack.

mbarlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you need is the right cable to connect between your HTC and iPad. Look for cables designed to connect instruments to Garage Band (or other music creation apps). You might need an additional adaptor to downsize the instrument's jack to the HTC's audio jack.
Thanks for your help. The 'right cable' seems a challenge :( I've gone with a camera connecting kit and a Griffin imic. So far I only have the camera connecting kit. The imic is on its way.

By the way, The kit has fallen at the first hurdle - it won't even download jpgs from my Canon 5D.

martin

Most reactions

Latest posts