Listening to books

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by gzamantakis, Jul 19, 2012.

1. gzamantakis

gzamantakis iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know of an app that will enable you to download books and then have the system read the book to you?
  2. Ronaldo

Ronaldo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well, not sure exactly what you want to hear, but I download free audio books all the time from the public library using the free app Overdrive media console.
    It's pretty easy and there is quite a few of the major classics available. Right now I'm listening to The Life of Clint Eastwood. But it's no classic!
  3. JewelGarden

JewelGarden iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    You might take a look at the Audiobooks app. There are many free audiobooks available, and some with small fees. Most are recorded by volunteers but many are quite good. You can "preview" the book to be sure you like the reader's voice, pace and accent.

Wag more, bark less
  4. happy123

happy123 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Listening to book is all right,I also like the app,when I was in bed I can listen to the book,but I also don't know where to buy the app,and which one is better.
  5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    LibriVox » about listening to LibriVox -- free public domain books recorded by volunteers. Many of these recordings also free on iTunes.

Audible.com -- audiobooks which you pay for, which you can listen to via free Audible app in iTunes.

If you otherwise mean you want some kind of app that reads aloud a book that you bought in ebook form, I don't know of such. As far as I know, those rights are sold separately -- when you buy a print or ebook, you get that, and if you want a recorded version, you buy that separately.
  6. gzamantakis

gzamantakis iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, originally I bought a book (electronic copy) but I was thinking it would be nice to be able to have an audible version where I could turn it on while traveling and listen to someone else read me the book in a sense.