What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Listbox question

fweiner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a web page that has a list box. I notice that on the ipad the list box is treated as a dropdown. The problem is that sometimes my lists are too long to fit in the popup and are truncated with '...' replacing the text that won't fit. Is there any way to enlarge the popup so that the text will be fully readable:confused:

OP
F

fweiner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
listbox cuts off text

No, the same behavior occurs for both single and multiple select. The text is cut off after 25 characters and replaced with '...'

amar_bbsr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Listbox converts to dropdown

I have a web page that has a list box. I notice that on the ipad the list box is treated as a dropdown. The problem is that sometimes my lists are too long to fit in the popup and are truncated with '...' replacing the text that won't fit. Is there any way to enlarge the popup so that the text will be fully readable:confused:

Did you find the solution for it???? regarding Listbox converts to dropdown in safari ipad.

OP
F

fweiner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I stopped using listboxes. My programs have a known listcount so I created <div>s for each item and displayed the text that way. All my divs belong to the same class and so using jquery, I created a click event for members of that class which returns the text in $(this).val() and allows me to highlight the text by changing the font color $(this).css('color', 'blue'). This works quite nicely

Most reactions