What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linking Messages

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I merge message threads that I am sending and receiving on my iPad and iPhone folks ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I've moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Ok, saw the reply and thought you were helping me out !

Ah well, anyone else ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean linking email threads on an email server? Are those the messages that you're referring to?

Tim

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Do you mean linking email threads on an email server? Are those the messages that you're referring to?

Tim

No I'm referring to text messages (SMS).

I appear to be having separate conversation threads with people depending on whether they are sent or received on my iPhone or iPad.

OP
M

mackem79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just the regular message programme.

The icon is green with a white bubble and looks exactly the same as the iPhone icon.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had success in seeing conversations across devices when I use the GV Mobile + app on my iPad1 and iPhone. I had to load it on my [new!] iPhone so I could see any conversations that had/were going to my iPad. I put the same number into both versions of the app (iPad1 and iPhone) and, so far, it seems fine. Of course, YMMV.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts