linking Ipad Mini with Ipad4

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by IpadDuo, Jul 27, 2013.

1. IpadDuo

IpadDuo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Should you be able to link two Ipads via Bluetooth? I have a mini and a Ipad 4 but neither even finds the other via Bluetooth. What do I need to do?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi iPadDuo - welcome to the forum! :) The simple answer to your question is NO - Bluetooth is a wonderful feature on the iPad but does not permit communication between devices for such purposes as file exchange. For myself, I use a BT keyboard, headphones, & external travel speakers - all work fine - please refer to this Apple support article on Supported Bluethooth Profiles - there may be some other uses describe that may fill you needs, if not then please post back w/ more specifics on how you want your devices to interact w/ each other - good luck!

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Not sure why you want to link them (that really the thing....Apple didn't design iPads to link other than via the iCloud/Photostream). You can get an app known as Photo Transfer App for more sophisticated transfers between iPads, iDevices, and PCs/Macs.

4. HardMetalAlchemy

HardMetalAlchemy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Bluetooth on idevices only becomes useful with 3rd party applications and devices, for example, keyboards or headsets