What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

linking Ipad Mini with Ipad4

IpadDuo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should you be able to link two Ipads via Bluetooth? I have a mini and a Ipad 4 but neither even finds the other via Bluetooth. What do I need to do?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi iPadDuo - welcome to the forum! :) The simple answer to your question is NO - Bluetooth is a wonderful feature on the iPad but does not permit communication between devices for such purposes as file exchange. For myself, I use a BT keyboard, headphones, & external travel speakers - all work fine - please refer to this Apple support article on Supported Bluethooth Profiles - there may be some other uses describe that may fill you needs, if not then please post back w/ more specifics on how you want your devices to interact w/ each other - good luck!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure why you want to link them (that really the thing....Apple didn't design iPads to link other than via the iCloud/Photostream). You can get an app known as Photo Transfer App for more sophisticated transfers between iPads, iDevices, and PCs/Macs.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth on idevices only becomes useful with 3rd party applications and devices, for example, keyboards or headsets

Most reactions

Latest posts