What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Link / unlink settings?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is automatically inserting unwanted hyperlinks (blue underlined text) for things like phone #s and times. I don't want these things linked.

What is far more annoying, it has deleted a whole lot of links I had stored in the "notes" field in some of my contacts details, and this then synched with my PC via my exchange account. All the hyperlinks except in the email and website fields were wiped out, leaving just plain text.

This is a total PITA - how do I stop the iPad from doing this? I want to decide what is linked and what isn't. I don't want the iPad deciding it knows better, especially in such an illogical and random way as this. :mad:

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are talking about the Mail program and Address Book, it isn't actually creating links. It's just telling you that it has recognized an email address, street address, phone number or like. If you press on these it give you the option of adding them to the address book, showing it on the map, or some other appropriate app. I don't know of any way to turn this behavior off.

When you sync the contact back or copy the text, these psudo-links will not follow.

As for the links that went missing when you synced, no two contact apps/providers have exactly the same file structure and capabilities. Every time you go from one to another you risk losing things. I lose all my groups when I sync with Google.

Annoying, but the current state of the art.

OP
DM51

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thx for the insight, tp - your answers in the forum are always helpful.

Most reactions