What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limiting Maximum volume control

JAREFOX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 2 1/2 year old who likes to have the volume at max level during her preschool programs. I am hoping that there is an app out there that has a control which will allow me to put a password on volume control, or limit the volume control to a safer maximum level for toddlers.

There is something similar to this for the ipod (see linkage below) but I have been unable to locate one for the Ipad. I am new to the device and I believe that somewhere, out there, there should be an app which does this.

htttp://support.apple.com/kb/ta38403?viewlocale=en_us

(Not the htttp is misspelled.)

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Jare Fox

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go into Settings, look under General > Sounds (right hand side). There should be a slider to control some system notification sounds. But, that's the only thing I see, which I don't believe affects the apps on the iPad.

Oh, there's another volume limit, under iPod (still in the Settings app). But again, I doubt that it's system wide.

However, I tell you these things because maybe they are...

Sorry if they aren't - and I got nothing else. Except, maybe mute it so she can't hear anything...?

Good luck.

Marilyn

Sarah lillis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. If you go into settings. Then music you can limit your volume there. My son likes to turn Thomas the tank engine up full blast. Hope this helps.

JuliesBoyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be SO nice to limit volume for more than just music (the way the iPad is now). PLEASE come up with an app to do this!!!!! There are a lot of toddlers and special needs kiddos with iPads and they love to blast things that disrupt everyone around them! My autistic teenager likes to maximize the volume in his movies and you can hear him two rooms away! The only alternative at the moment is to break off a earpiece and put it in his headphone jack and then it mutes it entirely. I would like him to be able to watch and listen but at a volume that will not disrupt the whole house!

deejayaus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after wasting hours looking for a solution to this same problem I ended up trying some sticky tape over the speaker (Obviously this wont help if your kids use headphones) and hey presto it works like a charm!

you can even 'adjust' the amount you're limiting it by by simply covering/uncovering more of the speaker holes.

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice there are special earphones for children, search for "Ultimate Ears, Volume Limiting Earphones". However, I have not tried these myself.

Most reactions