What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limiting apps' Camera access

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have ProtectMyPrivacy (PMP) tweak installed on my iPad, but checking the relevant apps on its list, I wasn't able to find anything with regard to camera access. I do remember that on some occasions, when running an app for the first time, I'm asked to confirm or deny rear cam access (and/or front cam access). Does anyone remember if this is PMP's doing, or some other part of the system?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can allow or deny access in Settings.app > Privacy. Not familiar with ProtectMyPrivacy, but I'll look into it.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you sure? You mean the default/stock Privacy section in Settings? I don't have anything pertaining to camera there (on either 6.1 or 7.0.4). There are:
-Location Services
-Contacts
-Calendars
-Reminders
-Photos
-Bluetooth Sharing
(and in the second part, Twitter and Facebook).
And iOS7 adds Microphone (not available in 6), but apparently they "forget" to include camera.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Woops, you're right. It's only for Photos and Contacts. For Camera, it simply calls on the camera instance. I'm not entirely sure that you can limit Camera access unless the tweak targets every instance of the camera in apps.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think PMP does it, I did receive a prompt last time I installed a new scanner app to allow or deny access to cameras. But it's just not showing it in its apps list (to tweak/change it later on).

Most reactions