What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limitations ofKeynote.

freddmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am setting up a slide presentation using Keynote and would like the presentation to repeat continousy. Can this be done and, if so, how?

Also can you add music to the presentation on the ipad? If not, can you use Keynote on a PC, add the music and then sync it to the ipad?

And thirdly, can you add password protection to a presentation so someone unauthorized can't modify it?

Thanks

Fred

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure about the first and third questions, but as for the music question, this is post from another thread:

I am not sure if I've understood your setting correctly.
When you say you want to have the PPT with say 20 slides - do you want to have 1 audio file playing during all the 20 slides or 1 audio file for each slide?

Both is possible.

1. 1 audio file for 1 slide. - I use keynote app. I import the ppt without the audio files. (either through iTunes or WebDAV or Dropbox or...) Then I use "super" (freeware) on my PC and convert the audio files to a movie file with the following settings: Output Container: Apple iPad/iPod - Output video codex Divx - Output audio Codex AAC LC

I get something like audio.mp3.mp4 which I can sync with iTunes and find on the iPad under photos.
I open Keynote and add the corresponding audio.mp3.mp4 to the slide and set my animations or transitions. This is repeated for every slide.

2. 1 audio file for the entire PPT: You use whatever presentation tool you prefer and start your audio file from the music app. When you are done with the presentation you stop the music.

Hope this helps.

Knut

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Q 1 -- Yes, check out Self-Playing in the Show Presentation chapter of the Keynote Help.
Q 2 -- Yes, see the Animate Objects on a Slide section of the Animations chapter of Keynote Help.
Q 3 -- Not sure about this one.

RonBrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to keynote for iPad. Can I access the full colour palette for use with fonts and objects? Can't seem to figure out how

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ron

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ron - welcome to the forum! :)

Keynote on the iPad will not offer the many features & functions of its Mac mate or that of PowerPoint, so you will need to work w/i the confines of the app.

Concerning colors, if your question is whether the entire color palette, i.e. 24-bit 16.7 million colors, is available w/i the Keynote iPad app, then the answer is NO - to check out your options, open a presentation & then double tap on a portion of text - tap the 'Paintbrush' (upper right corner); a box will open w/ Style-List-Layout options - press style and then the font listed at the top w/ a right pointing > - 'Text Options' will open, press 'Color' - a couple dozen colors and shades of gray are shown on 2 pages - believe that those are your choices.

RonBrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured out the colour palette problem. The colours available depend on the theme you select when setting up a new presentation. DUH!

Most reactions

Latest posts