What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning to 30 pin adapter work with Camera Connector.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my camera connector for over 4 years now with Ipad 1 and Ipad 3 I am going to buy an Ipad 5 and will either need to buy a new CC with Lightning OR buy an adapter of Lightning to 30 pin if it works with the old camera connector. I have a good Belkin car charger I'd like to use also and hope both work with adapter. We have mixed devices with 30 pin and now i will have ipad 5 with Lightning so trying to decide which way to go. A working CC is a necessity.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Diane - own an iPad 2 w/ the 30-pin CCK - just plugged my camera's SD card into the kit and then into my upgraded device (7.0.2); the iPad brought up the images in the native Photo App immediately - WHEW! - there are some complaints on the Apple Store web site of some having problems w/ the CCK & the new iOS. BUT, I'm in the same situation, i.e. considering getting an iPad 5 when released - love the 'retina' display on my MBPro and I do a lot of reading on the iPad, so a sharper display would be my main reason.

Now as to an 'adapter' for an 'adapter', I would likely not go that route, plus the 'Lightning to 30-pin' adapter is about the same price as just buying a 'Lightning' CCK for an SD card (seems that Apple is selling that option separate from a USB CCK adapter, so that might be an issue for you? I just use the SD cards in my cameras). Hope others will 'chime in' especially those w/ some experience using these newer Lightning adapters - might need to make that decision myself - Dave :)

Webalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.webalistic.com
My experience so far is that the Air is quite picky on what you connect to it.
I bought some 30pin to lightning adapters and some micro usb to lightning adapters. Cables that would charge my ipad 3 just fine, are not accepted by the air with the adapter in between.
Same goes for some accessoiries like the CCK and an EyeTV Mobile receiver. Everything I throw at it with the adapters results in a 'not certified' message and then nothingness...
Makes the adapters a waste of money so far...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is old however I believe you are correct ios7 and new products donot like non apple adapters I cannot confirm apple adapters at this time as I donot have an iPad air yet So I await input from users

Most reactions

Latest posts