What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning cord problems

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my iPhone 5c for a year and a half now, and I love it! One of my daily rituals has been to plug in the phone to charge while I sleep. Naturally I've been using the supplied cord and A/C adapter so I know it's legit. Several weeks ago I started getting these messages saying something to the effect that this device is not supported. Seriously? An Apple supplied USB Lightning cord is not supported? So I would just dismiss the notification and unplug the cord and plug it back in and things would work just fine.

Now just a couple of days ago things really started to get weird. I'd plug in my phone, and you'd hear the chime and see the battery indicator showing it's charging, then it would quit, then it would start again, over and over... It was almost as if there was a broken wire in the cabe and it was making contact and breaking contact over and over. Well I fixed it, here's how:

First I unplugged the cable so that neither end was plugged into anything, then I took a pencil eraser and rubbed it on both sides of the lightning connector until all the contacts were nice and shiny. Then I took a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol and scrubbed both sides of the lightning connector again. Then let it sit for 10 minutes to dry.

Once I did that, all the problems I was experiencing with the cable disappeared! I was also having similar problems with a Belkin cable, so I did the same thing with it with the same results! So the moral of the story is that one needs to clean their cables from time to time...

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts