What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightning connector strength

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is a lightning connector strong? I have a lightning connector for the iPad mini because that's what Apple put on it however I feel like since it's so much smaller than the 30 pin connector that the old iPad used to have thatI'm going to break it. It's a lightning connector weak or is it still strong like the 30 pin connector that the iPad 2?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the lightning connector on the cord is at least as strong as the old thirty pin one. To me the thirty pin connector is a little more flimsy because of the size of the area it takes up, and it wiggles a little bit when plugged in.
BTW, so that is what a Deathclaw looks like. I tried to run away the first time. The second time I never saw it coming. Both times, it was over quickly.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree - I think the 30-pin connector cable "join" is much weaker and more liable to damage than the lightning one.

protect+iphone+cable+from+damage+01.jpg

I have started to notice the beginnings of this problem with one of my Ipad 1 charger cables so have taped a stiff plastic sleeve (cut from a 3-pin plug prong cover over it to hopefully stop it breaking.

image-3136325499.jpg

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suggest you not test how strong the lightning connector is, but I think it is plenty strong.

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I think you guys are right. I dropped my ipad mini while it was charging yesterday and its fine :)

Most reactions

Latest posts