1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Lightning connector strength

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Deathclaw, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Deathclaw

Deathclaw iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is a lightning connector strong? I have a lightning connector for the iPad mini because that's what Apple put on it however I feel like since it's so much smaller than the 30 pin connector that the old iPad used to have thatI'm going to break it. It's a lightning connector weak or is it still strong like the 30 pin connector that the iPad 2?
  2. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    I think the lightning connector on the cord is at least as strong as the old thirty pin one. To me the thirty pin connector is a little more flimsy because of the size of the area it takes up, and it wiggles a little bit when plugged in.
    BTW, so that is what a Deathclaw looks like. I tried to run away the first time. The second time I never saw it coming. Both times, it was over quickly.
  3. Elizellen

Elizellen iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    I agree - I think the 30-pin connector cable "join" is much weaker and more liable to damage than the lightning one.

protect+iphone+cable+from+damage+01.jpg

I have started to notice the beginnings of this problem with one of my Ipad 1 charger cables so have taped a stiff plastic sleeve (cut from a 3-pin plug prong cover over it to hopefully stop it breaking.

image-3136325499.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I suggest you not test how strong the lightning connector is, but I think it is plenty strong.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Deathclaw

Deathclaw iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea I think you guys are right. I dropped my ipad mini while it was charging yesterday and its fine :)