What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightening SD connector

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That video is from 2011, so the software on the iPad shown there is iOS 5x, I suppose. The connector on that iPad is a 30 PIN connector, and the device used for importing images and videos is a Camera Connection Kit, not the one with the lightening connector.

What was possible in 2011, isn't necessarily possibly now.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically, you have to trick your iPad into believing it's importing photos, not videos. You have to have the videos stored in special folders with a specific name and the movie files have to be named according to certain rules. This WILL import the video to your iPad, but into photos, not video, at a slightly lower resolution than if you imported it through iTunes.

OP
L

Landcruiser262

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. It is a shame that Apple makes a simple task so complicated. I would not mind having to download the video first before watching it as they would be quite short anyway, it just seems all so unnecessary So it looks like the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. It is a shame that Apple makes a simple task so complicated. I would not mind having to download the video first before watching it as they would be quite short anyway, it just seems all so unnecessary So it looks like the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7.

Well, not so much that Apple is complicating your life but suggesting that there are other ways to accomplish your goals - the modern iPad is an excellent media player and can play a wide variety of video formats as shown in the first quote below (Source) - these can be transferred to your device via iTunes or streamed wirelessly; if the videos are on your iPad then AirPlay or cabled attachments allow playing on another device, such as a HDTV - you simply need to learn what options are available and then pick the pathway(s) available.

Also, I gave you a link in a one of your other threads to a post of mine (see the pic from that thread) - if you have not read that post, then take a look - there are a number of third party devices that can setup a proprietary Wi-Fi network and will accept SD cards, including movies which can then be viewed on the iPad over the network. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 5.41.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 5.37.25 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts