1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Light leakage

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by AdmiralAdama, Oct 25, 2011.

1. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +598 / 0
    The iPad 2 I purchased in August had considerable light leakage, along one edge of the screen where it meets the bezel. The Apple Store replaced it with a new device - out of the box (one time for this issue) according to the Genius tech.

The replacement device is much better but there's still leakage along the same edge. It's not objectionable but it is noticeable in a darkened room, watching video in letter box.

It's disappointing that a problem like this continues to exist in a high end, premium priced tablet.

Has the problem been resolved? Is it worthwhile asking for a second replacement or do I risk getting another leaky screen?

Thx

AA
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I, too, thought the problem had now been fixed as the number of reports we've got recently about this is very small.

Might be worth taking it back and demonstrating the problem to them.

Tim