LG Says New Tablet Will be Better Than the iPad

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Aug 20, 2010.

By Maura on Aug 20, 2010 at 9:19 AM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

LG Electronics’ vice president of marketing, Chang Ma, has told the Wall Street Journal that the South Korean company is planning to launch a tablet computer, which Chang Ma says will be “better than the iPad.†He told the WSJ that while he thinks that the iPad is a “great deviceâ€, he doesn’t use it much for business or work purposes, which is why LG wants its own forthcoming tablet to be more work, productivity, and business orientated. Mr Ma says that the proposed LG tablet (which does not yet have a name or a release date), will focus primarily on creation, with programs for writing documents and editing video. Mr Ma added that LG considers the U.S. a key market for the tablet, although he elected not to associate it with any particular wireless carrier.

The Wall Street Journal reports that despite still being the world’s third-largest handset maker, its position in the smartphone market has fallen way behind the likes of Apple and HTC. From the way Mr Ma is talking, LG obviously thinks that an iPad-killing tablet could well put them closer to the front of the chasing pack, but that’s probably just wishful thinking on his part. We'll have to wait and see when (and if!) the proposed LG tablet ever comes out.

Source: The Wall Street Journal
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Aug 20, 2010.

1. iPadCharlie
      Well now if he said it will be, "worse than an iPad" he probably wouldn't sell very many!
    2. j0yful
      :pGood point!:D
    3. SR45
      Two contenders that I'm interested in:

Generation 2 of Ipad, if it has USB ports, camera, more video memory and dumps AT&T for Verizon, Or..

EXOPC slate:

• View forum - EXOPC Slate

which has a full operating system, many more application. Only down side is that the battery life is about 5 hours over the IPads 10 hours.
    4. pallentx
      I still think competitors (and bloggers) making comparisons like "better than the iPad", or "iPad killer" are going about it wrong. The just need to explain what their target market is and how it differs from the iPad's target market. If you're going for enterprise use, then say so and explain how your tablet reaches that market better. "better than the iPad" is a useless statement. Better at what?
    5. Digikid
      Hmm...lets think about this. Ipad comes out in Spring 2010.....LG makes new tablet MONTHS later claiming that it will be better than the iPad..

No sh!t Sherlock....they have had MONTHS to look at it and improve it. LOL!!

I think personally that this is funny as hell.
    6. wrecklass
      Actually it is the perfect marketing statement because it gets everyones attention. His statement has made the news on every single tech website.

But his complete statement is confusing. He says "better than iPad," but says it will be nothing like the iPad because it will be more productivity oriented. He invites comparison and then says they can't be compared. I find it a very curious statement.
    7. petermillard
      I thought the phrase 'it's going to be surprisingly productive' was one of the funniest things I've read - though probably better than 'LG's VP for mobile-device marketing' saying, "you know, I thought it was going to be sh!t, but really, with a bit of practice I can actually type on it..."

As for "...programs for writing documents and editing video" - I can do that on my 'phone ffs!

I think those things might just be related, no? ;)

8. Joker
      Serioulsy? The ONLY odwnside is 5 hours? It's windows wich mean: Lagg, viruses and of course some explorer crashed.. and monthly format.:D
    9. wrecklass
      Seriously? You're just showing you haven't used Windows in seven or eight years, and you absolutely have no experience with Windows 7.

You would be better off following Abe Lincoln's advice: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Instead of spouting off with ancient cruft you read on the "How to be a Fanboi" site, say something mature like: "I simply prefer not to use Microsoft products."

Sorry but I hate the flame war games. It feels so 1995. :D