What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let other view my file use drop box

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

It is possible for me to let my friend view my ppt thru drop box ?

I cannot find the file link copy icon.

Pls advise.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, but you should ask for their e-mail address. and then in the dropbox website create a folder for sharing wherein you put the files that you want to share. then on the "sharing" tab you can choose the file you want to share and type it the e-mail address of the person to whom you like to share it with. i hope that's clear.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your info. How about if I need to copy the link and paste at forum for other to download my file ? It is possible ?as I may also want to send a email to my staff from my iPad yahoo email.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simply copy your file to the "public" folder and you'll have a clickable link to share.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can do it with dropbox too, just add them to your favourites. that way , you can view the particular file even without an internet.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi joy

Can you pls tell me how to copy file to my favourites ?

I also try drop box on my win note Bk also unable to know how to move file tomfavourtes ?

Paul

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paul,

in your dropbox app. open the particular folder you like. select the file that you want then hit the star on the upper right. that star will add that file to your favorites.

To view the files that are in your favorites hit the "double star" icon on the upper right.

try it!

j0yful

Last edited:
OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi joy I try and it work.

I just try to edit my edit file and I notice it is not possible. And I think I need to open document2go to edit . Can you share with me how to use doc2go to access those file I save in favourites of drop box ?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Paul,

Opening a file from dropbox via Docs2Go is way easier. Open your docs2go app , click "online files", then click the "+" icon on the upper left. you will then see options. from google docs, box.net, dropbox and etc. just choose which one you like. enter your username and password. every time, you need to download a file. just click those. ;)

j0yful

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi joy , I am using free ver of docs2go, so on the top left Conner is different , so I can not follow your step. And I notice that I can access google on top right hand Conner for doc.

Now my aim is how to acess drop box favorite folder off line ?

Hope you can share with me.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you want to access your favorite folder just click the 2 overlapping star on the upper left. it's the icon beside the "wheel icon".

Most reactions

Latest posts