What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less than or equals to

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anybody know where to find it on the keyboard? I just need to use the math sign in text, not as a function in iWork's.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I could not find that symbol on the keyboard, anywhere. So, here it is (you should be able to copy it from here and paste it in where you need):

I got it from this link: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/category/Sm/list.htm ("Unicode Characters in the 'Symbol, Math' Category").

That link seems pretty extensive, so if you need more math symbols....

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are on the keyboard: Tap the Numbers key once to see the numbers, then this sign:
image-3650483070.jpg
It will reveal the next keyboard:
image-3525844403.jpg
I hope this is what you're looking for.

Last edited:
OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thx Marilyn but surely they are on the keyboard?

JA sorry but I think I have confused you - the symbol is exactly what Marilyn shows in her reply. I have also noticed I can't get a simple plus/minus!!!!!

That's really poor from apple

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thx Marilyn but surely they are on the keyboard? JA sorry but I think I have confused you - the symbol is exactly what Marilyn shows in her reply. I have also noticed I can't get a simple plus/minus!!!!! That's really poor from apple
Oops, sorry! That sign is not there, that's right.

Last edited:
OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ta Marilyn that works a treat - long winded but a result.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, but the plus sign and minus signs ARE on the keyboard. The minus sign is on the keyboard you get right after pressing the ".?123" key, while the plus sign is on the keyboard you get when you press the "#+=" key (after getting to the numbers).

Hope this helps. Do note that Apple isn't going to have the more esoteric keys - they are more into the general use type keyboards. That's why it's a good thing to keep access to Unicode lists. Or, there are apps in the AppStore that provide for such symbols. You'll have to search for them, but I have a Unicode keyboard just for those times...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use the CharacterMap app. It has pretty much every character in existence, which is a bit of a problem, actually. It takes quite a while to find things if you don't know exactly where they are. Which is why it's nice that you can create a list of favorite characters that are always at the top.

I used to keep a note in Notes with all the symbols I was likely to use. I made it using a bluetooth keyboard, working through all the key combinations: shift, control, alt, etc. But this app was more complete. There is probably a better character app out there, but I stopped searching when I found this one, because it was good-enough.

image-3310916062.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts