What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEGO Harry Potter game

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok since you've made it so much further than I have, could you give a quick explain? I see so many places I can't get to. Are the rounds intended to be played over and over? Should I be able to get say all 5 hats before moving on? I hate when there are no instructions.

Ive played lego indy jones, Batman on Wii and a star wars game on DS and this HP on ipad, and they all have same, if not similar formulas. Play Story mode of the chapters first (u are given a fixed set of characters to play with). Once u have completed a chapter, u unlock Freeplay mode (u can choose a main character, but the rest of ur team is automatically chosen from the ones u have unlocked). With each progressive chapter, u replay them thru Freeplay to unlock more abilities and characters with abilities. By doing so, u unlock new areas of a chapter and complete collections of stuff. In some instances, u may end up playing a chapter many times over. The great thing is is there are a lot of secrets.

U will not be able to fully complete all chapters of one part before u go on to the next part. U will have to play all parts in the entire game before u can fully complete a chapter, a part, a collection, unlock all abilities and characters.

Hope thats not too confusing!:confused:

Excellent, thank you for clearing that up I was going crazy with my need to get "everything" and not moving on...now I get it... I just go back through as things are unlocked.

Next question... Is there a benefit of choosing one player over the other in either mode?

Yolis76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Year 4 second challenge

I'm stuck. It says to match the symbols to those one the wall but I cannot figure out how. Any idea? Thanks! :)

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BrennB answer to changing characters---- Not really. As u unlock more characters, some of them have the same special abilities. In freeplay mode, no matter who u choose as ur primary character, the game will automatically choose the rest of ur team from ur current roster, but choose them in a way that will cover all the current abilities to have unlocked. U scroll through them as needed in the chapter.

In story mode, u dont have a choice and must play the characters the game and current chapter supplies. Its up to u to change them as needed during the chapter.

Last edited:

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get out of the shop? Everyone left except the first girl in the doorway who moved to the right.

Go back to my previous posts here with the title "year 3 at honeydukes in hogsmeade" and they should help u with ur question. I had a hard time too, there is a glitch here.

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Year 4 the Second Task

Help!!! Im stuck where there are 3 tiled symbols on the wall and two sets of these symbols on the sea floor. Cant figure out for the life of me what the heck to do with them??????

liddellj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stuck - Yr 2, Burrow (level 1)

I'm stuck too! It's the first level of year 2, and I've got to put the muggle artifacts back for Arthur. I've done the rest, but the Aerial just sits there on the kitchen table spinning around. Do you know how I actually get it?

Thanks!
J.

Anyone else plaing this?
I'm quite enjoying it, but f**k me, how the heck do you do the wingadium leviosa spell in the class room???

I've spent about 20-30mins just trying to learn this spell! I'm tracing it fast, I'm tracing it slow, I'm tracing and tracing and tracing it...but the stupid damn feather never floats!

What am I doing wrong???

Sorry if this ain't the place for this thread, new to this forum, did a search but couldn't find anything on this game

Cheers

LiziCrew2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help! I just killed the cave troll in the bathroom and I need to know how to finish the level. He's lying in the middle of the room dead. I've tried blowing everything up and it doesn't work! Hermoinie is crying and doesn't talk...what do I do next?

bkfrombrum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not good at gaming! And I am stuck already in year 1! I just can't make the potion in Snapes class. I select the item, smash it with the mallet, move it to the pot and then nothing! I have tried stirring it fast, slow and not at all but it just starts me again with the plant selection? Anyone help?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not good at gaming! And I am stuck already in year 1! I just can't make the potion in Snapes class. I select the item, smash it with the mallet, move it to the pot and then nothing! I have tried stirring it fast, slow and not at all but it just starts me again with the plant selection? Anyone help?

Stir in the direction of the arrow until the color matches the chart, there is usually a puff of smoke when you get it. Stop stirring.

sarahbing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to beat the basilisk? I've been working on it for hours, feel totally stupid but can't figure it out. Help!!

mcepdx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Year 2 - Slytherin Common Room

How do you get past Filch - he keeps sending me (Crab & Goyle) back to the dorm.

Yolis76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!!! Im stuck where there are 3 tiled symbols on the wall and two sets of these symbols on the sea floor. Cant figure out for the life of me what the heck to do with them??????

Yup I was confused too. Swim over the tiles in the order that they appear on the wall. But there are 2 of each, so fly over the first two that are the same (so both the yellow ones first, then the 2 purples ones, then the two blue ones). You'll know you're doing it right when you see the wall symbol light up. Good lucK!

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Year 4 the Second Task

Yup I was confused too. Swim over the tiles in the order that they appear on the wall. But there are 2 of each, so fly over the first two that are the same (so both the yellow ones first, then the 2 purples ones, then the two blue ones). You'll know you're doing it right when you see the wall symbol light up. Good lucK!

Will give that a go! Thanks. Of course, i did everything except what u said.

Nemonome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm stuck too! It's the first level of year 2, and I've got to put the muggle artifacts back for Arthur. I've done the rest, but the Aerial just sits there on the kitchen table spinning around. Do you know how I actually get it?

Thanks!
J.

Just destroy the dining room chair at the head of the table so that harry can climb on top of the table to get it.

Most reactions

Latest posts