What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEGO Harry Potter game

emmawatson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That bl**dy Basilisk

Can someone help me? I'm up to the basilisk on year 2 at that part where you have to jump all the platforms while the basilisk comes out of the hole. Im on a left platform where you can use wingardium leviosa to raise a platform as the basilisk has its tail and head sticking out of two different holes. I am unable to jump anywhere and can only use wingardium leviosa. Could you please help? :)
Hi, I'm new here and I am having the same problem.
I'm not a gamer but I've had no trouble till here.
Just so I'm clear, I'm stuck at the point where there are 3 platforms and the centre one can be levitated, but not high enough to get to the next platforms.
I have hit the basilisk's tail and it goes back into the pipe and comes out in a new position, but now the reducto spell has no effect on the tail.
If anyone can be bothered, I would appreciate a youtube walkthrough.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
Sincerely: emmawatson, totally in love with everything Harry Potter but extremely frustrated with the Basilisk :confused:

DracoMalfoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPod! Year 3

Can someone help me please ? I'm on year 3 , the Hogwarts express , where I'm killing the dementor, it says to copy the shape, like with all other spells, only I won't let me trace it, I do the circle perfectly, yet it doesn't work!

Sanderella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Year 4 - the first task

Hi all!

I'm a Lego game enthusiast and was thrilled when I came across Lego Harry Potter for my iPad, and even more thrilled when I noticed it was different from the tv console game I played on my PS3 a couple months back!

But I'm stuck and fear I've hit a glitch. I'm in the second part of this level when you're running around avoiding the biting dragons on the rooftops of Hogwarts. There's a part where you drop down and Accio, Wingardium Leviosa and Reparo a bunch of platforms and bridges to get you across. I get to the end where it looks like I ne'er to Reparo or Accio a part of the rock wall to the right in order to cross over, but no matter where I stand on the platform I'm on, nothing glows for me to work my magic on it. I've tried just touching it, but Harry just walks off the ledge and dies.

Ive tried restarting the level (a bunch of times), and reloading the entire game, but I can't seem to progress past here. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a glitch that I can't seem to repair? What do I do??? I'll post a screenshot if anyone is unclear as to exactly where I am...

Thanks!!!

Sanderella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me please ? I'm on year 3 , the Hogwarts express , where I'm killing the dementor, it says to copy the shape, like with all other spells, only I won't let me trace it, I do the circle perfectly, yet it doesn't work!

It's not about the speed, or doing it while the shape is being traced, it's about the shape. It's a slightly oval circle, and there's about a 1-inch gap from the beginning on the top right side, to the end on the top left side.

Make sure you've stunned then tapped the dementor before you start!

If that still doesn't work, try looking it up on YouTube. There's a ton of videos out there that show the right finger movement to do it!

RachelI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am stuck in Year Four, the Third Task and would love some advice. The third area after following the snake has a hidden ladder. When I do the reveal spell it disappears again before I am able to climb up. Is there something I am missing? I have tried at least 30 times...

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

ozisim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a Lego game enthusiast and was thrilled when I came across Lego Harry Potter for my iPad, and even more thrilled when I noticed it was different from the tv console game I played on my PS3 a couple months back!

But I'm stuck and fear I've hit a glitch. I'm in the second part of this level when you're running around avoiding the biting dragons on the rooftops of Hogwarts. There's a part where you drop down and Accio, Wingardium Leviosa and Reparo a bunch of platforms and bridges to get you across. I get to the end where it looks like I ne'er to Reparo or Accio a part of the rock wall to the right in order to cross over, but no matter where I stand on the platform I'm on, nothing glows for me to work my magic on it. I've tried just touching it, but Harry just walks off the ledge and dies.

Ive tried restarting the level (a bunch of times), and reloading the entire game, but I can't seem to progress past here. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a glitch that I can't seem to repair? What do I do??? I'll post a screenshot if anyone is unclear as to exactly where I am...

Thanks!!!

Have you tried "shooting" it first?
I just played through, and there was a pils of rubble that I had to destroy before it turned into parts I could repairo into a platform.

ozisim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me? I'm up to the basilisk on year 2 at that part where you have to jump all the platforms while the basilisk comes out of the hole. Im on a left platform where you can use wingardium leviosa to raise a platform as the basilisk has its tail and head sticking out of two different holes. I am unable to jump anywhere and can only use wingardium leviosa. Could you please help? :)
Hi, I'm new here and I am having the same problem.
I'm not a gamer but I've had no trouble till here.
Just so I'm clear, I'm stuck at the point where there are 3 platforms and the centre one can be levitated, but not high enough to get to the next platforms.
I have hit the basilisk's tail and it goes back into the pipe and comes out in a new position, but now the reducto spell has no effect on the tail.
If anyone can be bothered, I would appreciate a youtube walkthrough.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
Sincerely: emmawatson, totally in love with everything Harry Potter but extremely frustrated with the Basilisk :confused:

You have tried standing on the platform and levitating it?
You should be able to jump to the right once you have moved the tail and levitated yourself up... Yu might need to shoot the tail again once you are at the top to get it to go back down to the other hole again so there is room for you to jump across onto the platform beneath it.

Amyjo415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just started playing and am stumped. How do you use the ramps?
In Diagonal Alley it is too far away from the wall but I can't figure out how to move it, When learning to ride the broom at Hogwartz, it is against the water so I can't even walk up it.

ozisim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just started playing and am stumped. How do you use the ramps?
In Diagonal Alley it is too far away from the wall but I can't figure out how to move it, When learning to ride the broom at Hogwartz, it is against the water so I can't even walk up it.

Hi,
The Ramps only work when you are riding a broom.

DracoMalfoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's not about the speed, or doing it while the shape is being traced, it's about the shape. It's a slightly oval circle, and there's about a 1-inch gap from the beginning on the top right side, to the end on the top left side.

Make sure you've stunned then tapped the dementor before you start!

If that still doesn't work, try looking it up on YouTube. There's a ton of videos out there that show the right finger movement to do it!

Hi, tried drawing it the way you mentioned, it still does not work. If anyone has a link to a video or has more advice on how to get passed this then I'd appreciate it!

sassynsweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hogsmeade entrance

I know I need to find a hidden torch before I can find the secret passage (I found it once before, but didn't finish the quest),but I can't find it again. I've been through the room several times, without the invisibility cloak and with it. Can anyone tell me where I can find it?

tuttles3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I'm stuck on year 2 at borgin and burkes. I've got the three items on the pillars and walked through the door. Now there's two wagons on the path and i can't move them or get them to explode using magic. i've tried being hagrid and harry. How you do you get past this???

pharm28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!

Hi. I'm stuck in year 3, the shrieking shack level. I've just reached the forbidden forest and can't figure out how to reach the second ledge! I've turned a flower into a platform that I can jump onto, then onto the first ledge. But I can't figure out how to get onto the second ledge. Any advice anyone? I've searched the internet and can't find the answer to this problem. Thanks!

iLucero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you defeat the Womping Willow, you have to get the ingredients to a potion, once inside the tree. I was only able to find one.. And I can't jump anywhere else but to the beggining of the level. Help anyone?

Bernadette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BrennB said:
Year two the duel level. I just swipe that expiliarmus charm until my arm is cramped and the statue had pounced e to death and I barely kill one heart of maloroy

How do swipe the expiliarmus charm or get finished with the duel.....it is driving me crazy

Most reactions

Latest posts