Lego Harry Potter 1-4 crash

Discussion in 'iPad Games' started by barbergeek, Jul 20, 2011.

1. barbergeek

barbergeek iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Howdy all. I'm hoping that someone has come across this problem and can help me. I'm just starting and the game exits all the way out right after I greet the three people in the Leaky Cauldron and go through the door to get to Diagon Alley. The loading page may come up for a second and once in a blue moon I'll see the alleyway with the entrance to Diagon Alley, but then the game abruptly exits all the way out to iOS. When I start it back up, I'm right back at the beginning with 0% completed.

Help!!!

Oh, it's a 32gb iPad 1 with iOS 4.3.3

Thanks!
    Scott
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!
    Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

Tim
    Scotland
  3. Emmie1

Emmie1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. Also new to this forum - I have a question about HP Lego crashing. I have powered down & reset my iPad. It is a first generation with update to iOS5. I have played the Shrieking Shack scene 4 times now. It crashes every single time (without saving my trading card or gold hats. :( Any other suggestions besides "reset"? This is a long "scene". It has crashed when I cast reduction at the purple robe coming out of the closet (2times) and at the "filmed part" when Sirius turns into an animagus to stop Lupin from hurting anyone as he changes into his werewolf shape (2x). This is frustrating. Thanks for any help out there.
  4. Dotty99

Dotty99 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm having a problem with it crashing at the Chamber of Secrets scene. It's the only one I haven't completed on free play and it crashes at the same stage every time. I obviously got through it once when I completed the story stage, but can't do it now. I'm at 98% and want to avoid reinstalling the game if I can. I've done as suggested, closed all 'open' apps and restarted my ipad. It's driving me mad now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
  5. hopsc44

hopsc44 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having same issue on harry potter lego 1-4 just cuts out at same point after they turn into wolf etc it cuts off without saving tried several times?! Can someone help?? Have ipad 2
    Thank you