What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving the AppleTV on.

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody. My query is, do you leave your Apple TV on all the time, or do you switch it off at night?

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've all on getting it started, the icon keeps disappearing off my iPad plus when it's not been connected for a while the iPad tv seems to turn itself off.

Been a waste of money in my opinion, by the time I manage to connect my iPad up to actually watch a film, I've lost interest or it's too late :(
IMO not the bestest of apple products.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brunodjkj said:
I've all on getting it started, the icon keeps disappearing off my iPad plus when it's not been connected for a while the iPad tv seems to turn itself off.

Been a waste of money in my opinion, by the time I manage to connect my iPad up to actually watch a film, I've lost interest or it's too late :(
IMO not the bestest of apple products.

Appletv will go to sleep automatically. This setting can be adjusted. I believe the default is ten minutes.

Your iPad should not exhibit any changes unless you are using AirPlay or mirroring.

To just watch a movie..in iTunes? Netflix? From your iPad?

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love Apple TV. It works perfectly for me for watching catch up telly and streaming from my iPhone or iPad. However, I do find that although it is set up to go to sleep after a certain time, this doesn't always work and it can stay on for days if I forget to manually turn it off with the remote. I use the app mainly to operate Apple TV.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always turn mine off at the end of any use. However, within a day or a week, I'll walk by and see that the light is on, then have to turn on the TV switch the imput and turn it off again. Small PITA. Don't know why this happens, I have been assuming Apple is performing an update or something and it just doesn't get turned off. Just a guess.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine sleeps. It sleeps almost all the time as I never watch movies on it.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
I always turn mine off at the end of any use. However, within a day or a week, I'll walk by and see that the light is on, then have to turn on the TV switch the imput and turn it off again. Small PITA. Don't know why this happens, I have been assuming Apple is performing an update or something and it just doesn't get turned off. Just a guess.

You don't need to go through the telly to switch off. The Apple TV remote does it. Press and hold the centre button and the light gives a quick flicker. Let go of the button it will be switched off.

Most reactions

Latest posts