What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning How To Program An App...

ASLmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have absolutely NO idea how to program Objective C, Cocoa, or any other programming language for the iPad/iPod but want to learn. There are no colleges in my area to go, but I can learn on my own. I've programmed a little in BASIC back in the 80's, Learned enough HTML in the 90's, so I think I can do this... I just need to know WHERE to start... books, videos, but for the absolute beginner. Your input will be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

image-839455250.png

OP
ASLmike

ASLmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Twerppoet, but these courses have a pretty high prerequisite knowledge of C programming language, which I'm not at all familiar with. I was thinking more along the lines of "Learning How To Program APPS For Complete Morons", then moving up from there. If anyone else has ideas, please let me know. Thanks again!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's is good to under stand C to begin with, but not absolutely necessary. I have not been through the 2011 course, but the 2010 course has a brief overview that is sufficient to muddle through.

Hold in mind that Objective C relies heavily on calls, so other than some math/logical functions and if/then statements it is mostly the syntax of the calls that you have to learn.

I also have the iBook Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running. It has an intro chapter to C as well. That's it, because other than some syntax, programing in Objective-C is little like programing in C.

OP
ASLmike

ASLmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again! I found an online course(s) that will suit my needs. They are instructor led courses, or you can view them as many times as needed. I'll put the link up because somebody else might be interested also.

http://www.xcelme.com/

If you or anybody see's something that's NOT right let me know. I will post feedback about these courses after I take a few. Thanks again, Mike.

Most reactions

Latest posts