What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lcd fault

derek180513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just replaced wifi antenna, audio jack and digitizer screen now the lcd lights up black and grey moves from left to middle thats all it does

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible that you accidentally damaged or loosened the screen connector or cable during your repair.

OP
D

derek180513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It have checked it out seems ok think will replace this cable its strange as it was working ok

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It have checked it out seems ok think will replace this cable its strange as it was working ok
Check the motherboard very carefully for any signs of damage before proceeding. If any components on the motherboard were damaged, you'll likely need a new motherboard.

OP
D

derek180513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the motherboard very carefully for any signs of damage before proceeding. If any components on the motherboard were damaged, you'll likely need a new motherboard.
I can get a cheap ipad 2 on ebay for spares would it be easy enough to swap over and does it matter if its 3g and mine isnt

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My guess is the lcd cable isn't properly seated but Try a reset first by pressing the home and power button for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work then try reconnecting the lcd ( power off first !). With the iPad 2 the 3 g part is soldered to main logic board so yes it does matter if it is 3 g or not if you are considering swapping logic boards.

OP
D

derek180513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you tried both but it doesnt reset. Will try new cable first.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The other thread you started today on this same topic has been deleted as we do not allow posting of multiple threads and posts on the same topic. Duplicate posts can fracture any resulting conversations making them hard to follow.

Most reactions