What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LCD "Bleed" And iPad Type Poll

Type of iPad and Bleed Amount

• 3G With Little or No Bleed

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 3G With Bad Bleed

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • WiFi With Little or No Bleed

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • WiFi with Bad Bleed

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

KneeDragr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read on Engaget that the 3G version of the iPad2 uses a different vendor and has a different brightness and contrast to the WiFi version ( 400 nits vs 350 nits ).

Im curious if this problem can be isolated.

Its possible that there is a fit issue with one vendor, or its also possible that both have the same issue, but it shows up more on the brighter display. Or it could be completely unrelated to which version.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad 32gb white wifi unit on 3/23 with no issues hardware wise. Sync went fine with only having to install a few apps but pictures, music, videos, connections and all of my data came through the sync just perfect. Hope the rumored Droid X upgrade to Gingerbread new week goes as well as this IPad upgrade did.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very good poll *push up*

Just to bad that most people who already got the IPad2 will quit forum browsing i think

Last edited:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White 32gb 3G arrived 3/21/11. Pixels perfect; only "bleed" I've noticed is after I've powered it down and restart it (and the screen is dark). There's a bit of light at the lower right hand area; noticed that by pushing down on the frame, it extends it a bit (but recovers). During regular use, the colors and graphics are gorgeous.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 1 has some bleed ...It's just the nature of LCD...show me one LCD tv or anything that doesn't have some type of light bleeding around edges.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 1 has some bleed ...It's just the nature of LCD...show me one LCD tv or anything that doesn't have some type of light bleeding around edges.

really? lol i never noticed, maybe i had a lucky one, but i also never checked it out seriously

White ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea iv had mine replaced twice for light bleeding and still isn't right and I went to apple store to return it and they told me they didnt have any and I would have to come in the morning and wait in line ok so I got to apple store at 4:30 am and we where standing inline out side and it was snowing i live in chicago so it was freezing cold I was number 6 inline and the lady came out with the tickets and she had the ticket for the one I wanted I wasn't to happy cause I had to settle for a black one but at least I got a ticket so she says we can go sit in or cars and wait till 8:00 and they will open the doors so I sat in my car and watched a movie on my iPad 2 and 8 comes around and I walk in side get inline and I'm waiting another 30 minutes and then it's my turn we go in I give the guy my ticket and he's gone for like 10 15 minutes he comes out and walks right past me and goes and talks to the manager so both of them go back there I'm waiting 10 minutes go by and some lady comes out and tells me were sorry but we can't find the iPad that u want somebody wrote a ticket for the iPads but we don't have them ME: so your telling me somebody wrote 3 tickets form something that you don't have in stock how does this happen she says where so sorry I know u have been having problems with you iPad and we want to make it right ok right now I'm pissed off then she tells me that she can take my name and number and she will personally call me when they get it in and I can come get it and I ask her if they are going to get it in today and she picks up the phone and hits one button and she asks somebody if they are going to get any black or white 32 gb Verizon iPad 2s in and they say no and then she tells me that they only know what they are getting in the next 5 days and said if she can find another store that has 1 she will get it for me and call me but and I tell her I live an hour away and she offers to overnight it to me when she gets it and I tell her no I will pick it up so to make a really long story short I was standing out side in the freezing cold and then I was lied to about what they had and then I sat in my car for how ever long it was then waited inline inside for 30 minutes and then waited for them to get there heads out of there asses and figure out they didn't have it so I waited for almost 5 hours and then the hour drive there and back so 7 hours and then the 2 other times i went there and then the 9-10 hours I waited and launch day so Iv wasted 21 hours of my life not to mention all the money in gas and then I have to go there again and pick it up when they get it so now I'm at 23 hours of my life wasted and about 100$ in gas so If they can't get it right this time then I'm going to return and just wait till iPad 3 or buy myself the new iPhone in the summer sorry about the one big mess of words but I'm kinda pissed of right now

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

really? lol i never noticed, maybe i had a lucky one, but i also never checked it out seriously

My ipad 1 has very little in certain areas...Some might have more than others...I'm anal when it comes to screens and every LCD has bleed...It could be very little or annoying amount but there is always some.

Run a light bleed search...There have been long threads on this for ipad1.

Last edited:

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If there is very little esp near volume rocker and you can live with it...I would keep it as long no dead pixels...Your next one could be worst!

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think its ok if its only a small shining, but i saw vids where people had a real white beam coming out of the side.

Guess the shining i would treat as normal.

OP
K

KneeDragr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bump, lets keep this going, if we can get 100 people to respond it will be statistically significant.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got very few bleed, i dont really notice it unless i really gonna have a look at it.

Its at the the side where the home button is, ita a small edge lighting up a little, but nothing really annoying.

It changes when i press the side, maybe its the glue, still not dry. Will have a look at it here and there

Reaction score
My 3G version does have quite a bit of bleed on a dark background. It was the first thing I noticed after unpacking.

There is white light shining through in multiple sections on the lower edge and in one spot on the upper edge.

Most reactions