Latest OS versions - discussions

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by KevinJS, Dec 3, 2016.

1. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, I had 3 macOS & 3 iOS devices to update, which I decided to do over several days - yesterday, finished updating Susan's aging iMac (late 2012) - her computer will likely accept the Catalina upgrade in a few months, but will need to be replaced soon (maybe a Christmas present - want a retina screen & SSD!). My 2 laptops will do fine w/ Catalina and likely next year's macOS release.

As to our iOS machines, my iPad Pro is fairly new (bought Dec 2018) and her iPad Mini 4 should be fine w/ iOS 13 (of course, the Pad version has been renamed iPadOS) - however, her iPhone 6 updated fine to iOS 12.4 (which includes the new iPhone Migration Tool), but will not take iOS 13 - SO, tomorrow we will visit our nearby Verizon store and buy her a new iPhone XR - like my iPad Pro, no HOME button, facial ID, and Qi charging option - believe that she'll enjoy! :) Dave

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Yesterday afternoon, we went to our nearby Verizon store and got Susan a blue iPhone XR - I wanted to upgrade from my 'dumb phone' (Greatcall flippie) - previous night I thought of just taking her iPhone 6 but the lack of going to iOS 13 and security issues dissuaded me; then I looked at the iPhone 8, but our representative Jessica found a promo, i.e. get a second XR for $700 off! Well, sounded like a deal to me, so now Susan & I have new XRs, mine is black - added bumper cases and front screen protectors to both - changed the wallpapers and today adding apps - the XR is familiar to me since facial ID is also on my iPad Pro - now I'm up to 7 machines that will need OS upgrades this fall! Dave :)

3. PrismStudios

PrismStudios
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Updated my iCloud for Windows 8.1.... Great stuff. I have honestly never synced through iTunes to move content between platforms...

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A supplemental update for macOS Mojave 10.14.6 addresses the “wake from sleep” bug; iCloud for Windows 10 has been updated to 10.6.1.

Information is up to date:
    Latest OS versions