What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest New Yorker Cover Sketched Entirely on iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
The New Yorker cover entirely created on iPad.JPG

MacRumors reports today that the May 29 cover of The New Yorker magazine was sketched by artist Jorge Colombo entirely on iPad using an Apple Pencil. The impressive image shows Brooklyn Bridge Park in Hollywood Heights, where Colombo is a frequent visitor. The image shows a typical scene that you might expect to see on any given day at the park, with spectators watching basketball games against a backdrop of skyscrapers.

Apple CEO Tim Cook is clearly impressed by the cover, tweeting about it this morning, complete with Colombo’s description of what inspired him when he created the artwork.
“It’s one of my favourite places to hang out,” said Colombo of Brooklyn Bridge Park. “I live down the street, in Brooklyn Heights, so I go there all the time, either to take the East River Ferry or just to relax by the water.

It’s a magnet-people come from all of Brooklyn’s many neighbourhoods just to take a selfie by the waterfront or picnic by the water. This was a risky drawing to make, though: I kept worrying that the ball would hit me or the iPad.”

Source: This Week's Cover of 'The New Yorker' Was Sketched on an iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts