What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest iOS on IPad and jailbreak

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to update my iPad 2 which is running on jailbroken iOS version 4.3.3 to the latest available iOS and then jailbreak it. Can anyone help me? I didn't want to lose my jailbreak so never tried updating it but now the problem is that many new apps are not supported on my current iOS version. So please help me on this one. Thanks un advance.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to update my iPad 2 which is running on jailbroken iOS version 4.3.3 to the latest available iOS and then jailbreak it. Can anyone help me? I didn't want to lose my jailbreak so never tried updating it but now the problem is that many new apps are not supported on my current iOS version. So please help me on this one. Thanks un advance. Sent from my iPad using iPF
The latest available iOS version is iOS 7.0, which currently has no jailbreak. If you update you will lose your jailbreak and have to wait for the release of an iOS 7 jailbreak, however long that takes. You may want to subscribe to this thread, the official iOS 7 jailbreak status thread. Any news of an iOS 7 jailbreak will be added to the first post in the thread. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/114230-ios7-jailbreak-status-thread-official.html

Last edited:
OP
sen_ovung

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest available iOS version is iOS 7.0, which currently has no jailbreak. If you update you will lose your jailbreak and have to wait for the release of an iOS 7 jailbreak, however long that takes.

Thanks. Is it worth updating my iPad 2 to iOS 7? I have Whatsapp running on my iPad with a jailbreak tweak. Will I be able to use Whatsapp on stock iOS 7?

OP
sen_ovung

sen_ovung

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Attachments

• image-1593780302.jpg
    image-1593780302.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 338

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. WhatsApp on my iPad.

As scifan said, WhatsApp is not supported on an iPad - a stock iPad. It can be run on a jail broken iPad. Therefore, if you upgrade to iOS 7, you cannot jail break it. Thus, you will not be able to run WhatsApp.

If you want to remain jail broken, you will have to stay at the iOS you currently have and wait (and hope!) a jail break for iOS 7 is found. You can not upgrade to any other iOS version than iOS 7.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts