What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest IOS and jailbreak

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all what is the latest iOS and is it jail breakable in full without a need to connect to computer if phone runs low etc ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all what is the latest iOS and is it jail breakable in full without a need to connect to computer if phone runs low etc ?
The latest version of iOS is iOS 9.0.2, which has not yet been jailbroken.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you , seems like ages since I had a jailbreak keep missing them because of updates and don't know how to install iOS that is not the most recent, what was the last JB iOS ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
8.4, afaik. The jailbreak for 8.4.1 is supposed to be released soon.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I am on 8.3 how do I update to 8.4.1 and wouldn't they release a 9 JB rather than 8.4.1

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
8.3 is jaibreakable. It's not possible to update to iOS 8.4, because Apple stopped signing that version, as well as 9.0. If you try to update your iPad, you'll end up with 9.0.2, which is the latest version. The only software you'll be able to revert to would be 9.0.1.

Not everyone updated to iOS 9 yet. There are still quite a few with iOS 8x installed. I suppose that's the reason why they will be/were (?) releasing a jailbreak for 8.4.1.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unsure if my update was done ota or via PC though if it's ota don't think I can jailbreak it if last 8.3 was done ota.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unsure if my update was done ota or via PC though if it's ota don't think I can jailbreak it if last 8.3 was done ota.
A few people have been able to jailbreak when they've updated OTA, but most failed when they tried. Bear in mind that if things go wrong and your iPad requires a restore, you'll end up on iOS 9.0.2 and will have to wait for a jailbreak for that or a future version of iOS.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a job being released for 8.4.1 and is it possible to upgrade 8.4.1 if so ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a job being released for 8.4.1 and is it possible to upgrade 8.4.1 if so ?
There are rumours of an iOS 8.4.1 jailbreak but unless you're currently on iOS 8.4.1, you're out of luck. Since Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.4.1 it is impossible to upgrade or downgrade to it.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi mate thanks for the reply on that.

Will try keep this question simple, hope I put across well.... If there was and ios8.0 and the next iOS was 8.5 and the latest iOS was 9.0 and the user was on 8.0 and jailbreak was only available on 8.5, is there no where the user can download 8.5 from to install it manually ? Is this not possible ?

Also I seen during the week there may be a new jailbreak out now, can you advise on the latest iOS and if it is jail breakable please , thanks Scifan ;-)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've already stated that it's not possible to install a different software version than the one signed by Apple.

A jailbreak for iOS 9.0.2 has been released in the meantime. You'll find the more information here:
Jailbreak Available For iOS 9

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just just restored and updated my sons iPad same IPad 2 to 9.0.2 went to run pangu it it wanted an update from to version 1.1.0 which I have done,
Failed jailbreak on 2 occasions now leaving the pangu and WWDC on screen after running pangu.
No cydia icon ?

Also I see that Apple iTunes wants me to uograde to 9.1 aswell , please please help.

Still on 9.0.2 but not completing jailbreak going to 90% and then rebooting leaving pangu and WWDC on the screen ?

Should I update apple ios 9.1 now and will jailbreak after doing this or is there a way I can fix the pangu jailbreak to work ?

Most reactions

Latest posts