What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Language Translator for iPad 1 on iOS 5.x

pranav2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone know of a language translator (general or Spanish) app that is available in the app store for free and can still be used with the ipad 1 which has a maximum software version of 5.1.1? all the ones that come up won't work because the software version required is too high.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You probably already know this, but you can probably still use Google's Translate web page. Not that this is a great solution.

Adding it to your home screen is probably the best you can do: Google Translate

The translation apps that I have need at least iOS 7 (Google) or iOS 8 (iTranslate).

OP
P

pranav2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. i was aware of that already that i could use safari to go to google translate in lieu of using an app. i was just hoping to find a version of an translate app that could still operate on the ipad 1 with a software version of 5.1.1

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anyone know of a language translator (general or Spanish) app that is available in the app store for free and can still be used with the ipad 1 which has a maximum software version of 5.1.1? all the ones that come up won't work because the software version required is too high.
I have an iPad I and earlier today I successfully downloaded the Google Translate app. For this to work you must have previously downloaded the app to another of your devices. When you go to the app in your purchased list and tap the cloud icon, you'll get a pop up that says the app requires iOS 7 but you can download the last compatible version. Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support
image.png

Last edited:
OP
P

pranav2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if i can add to your positive ratings or thanks received, let me know how. i couldn't figure out how to do it when i looked for something to click.

OP
P

pranav2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
could have sworn i entered a post prior to the last one. i must not have hit the post reply button. anyway. THANKS SO MUCH. THAT WAS THE SOLUTION AND NOW I HAVE THE APP ON MY IPAD 1.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
could have sworn i entered a post prior to the last one. i must not have hit the post reply button. anyway. THANKS SO MUCH. THAT WAS THE SOLUTION AND NOW I HAVE THE APP ON MY IPAD 1.
I'm glad I could help. I've used the same method to add several apps that officially no longer work with iOS 5 to my iPad 1.

Most reactions

Latest posts