Language has reverted to Spanish

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Ed1944, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don’t have any idea how this happened. All of a sudden Safari browser has changed to mostly Spanish. Also, I was trying to experiment with another browser. It turned out to be totally in Spanish. Can anyone help in this matter? Thanks.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In Settings - Safari go to Language and select the correct language. If that doesn’t change the language, go to Settings - General - Language & Region - iPad Language and change the setting there.

3. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    EDIT: I think I’ve got it fixed. I went to settings, language. It was already set to English, but I went ahead and reset it to English US anyway.seems to have worked.

4. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello, J.A. Didn’t see your post. Thanks for your response. What do you think caused it to change?

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Hi Ed - believe that may have happened in my browser, easily fixed on my own using the same steps given by Johanna - may have followed an iPadOS update - had you recently changed your iOS version? Dave :)

6. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, giradman. No, I haven’t changed my iOS version. But it was easily fixable by what both you and Johanna mentioned. So, all OK now.:)