1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

LameSwitcher - WebOS Style Multitasking

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks' started by guthrien, Sep 11, 2011.

1. guthrien

guthrien iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    One of the most lauded features of the Touchpad and other WebOS devices is the card based multitasking. It's both useful and beautiful to page through your open applications all minimized like a deck of apps.

Several Cydia tweaks have come along to simulate the same ability. There is MultFlow which has a similar card view option, older Proswitcher and the newly developed CardSwitcher which is unfortunately incompatible with iPad.

Today a new tweak is out called LameSwitcher which is both faithful to the WebOS format and compatible with iPad. You can set up the program through your settings tab enabling several options including a full selection of activator options to pull up your cards. Also, exactly like WebOS, you can simply drag the card to the top of the screen to close your program.

The best feature of this app compared to the others? It's free! I've been using it on my iPad 2 today and it seems to work without a hitch. Give it a shot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Wait cardswitcher is incompatible with the iPad? But it's working fine on mine @.@
  3. guthrien

guthrien iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Um, it was! Did it get updated today? There was a big note at Cydia that said not for ipad's. But supposedly this is more stable..and it's free!
  4. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    What repo does it use? It's not coming up on my search
  5. guthrien

guthrien iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Rpetri.ch/repo/

I apologize, I read about it and they didn't mention it and I just happened to already have the repo. I assumed it was BigBoss.
  6. dnaL0R

dnaL0R iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    doesn't work in landscape mode[?]
  7. guthrien

guthrien iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    No it doesn't landscape. It's frustrating, I actually love the card view in MultiFlow too, but it also does not flip in rotation. I'm not sure any do.
  8. Christophxr

Christophxr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not bad, but it's not really useful, either. It only shows the running apps and you have no idea what can be at the left or right. If you have multitouch gestures enabled, you're almost better off just using those to "scroll" left and right through your apps.

Also, if you have have one of the many tweaks that shows which apps are actually running and which ones aren't in your classical switcher (it grays out the runs that aren't running usually) and lets you quickly swipe up to close whatever app you want, this tweak is almost completely useless.
  9. guthrien

guthrien iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Ive ended up sticking with MultiFlow but I use it in card format. It seems considerably better than paging through the multitasking method. Since I'm typically working between 3-4 programs its a nice alternative for me. Plus, its just pleasing to look at!