What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lag with Streaming

gdaniels5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm not sure if its my ipad mini or what but lately it just seems way slower to load anything, including websites.I checked the memory and I have about 26 gigs left.

I recently increased my internet speed and I dont have an entire household on my wifi. I'm just not sure how to check if its my wifi or actually that the ipad is slow. any help or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm not sure if its my ipad mini or what but lately it just seems way slower to load anything, including websites.I checked the memory and I have about 26 gigs left.

I recently increased my internet speed and I dont have an entire household on my wifi. I'm just not sure how to check if its my wifi or actually that the ipad is slow. any help or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Try going somewhere else with public WiFi, like McDonalds or the public library and see if the lagging is due persists. If it does, then there's a posdibility of a hardware fault. The best way to check is to have a diagnostic run at the Genius Bar of the closest Apple Store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also check your internet speed using SpeedTest by Ookla. You can do this with an app on the iPad and also using their website on your computer (if you have one). The computer (unless fairly old) will probably always look better, but it shouldn't be ridiculously better.

McDonalds may not be the best choice. At least no where I live. The average download speed at my neighborhood McDonalds is about .35 Mbps. Painfully slow.

Most reactions