What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kudos to Best Buy! New iPad 4 in my hands!!! :)

BlueSky77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to the good folks at Best Buy for exchanging my iPad3 64 gb with the new iPad 4 today. This is the third iPad exchange I've had with Best Buy since initially buying my iPad 3 (32gb) on Sept. 12th. I went from the 32 gb to the 64 gb with no problem on October 3rd. This morning I brought back my 64 gb iPad 3 and was granted another exchange, without question... (no reason needed to be given) they just cheerfully exchanged it for the brand spanking new iPad 4! I highly recommend them to any of you folks looking to purchase an iPad or any Apple Products in the USA. Their return/exchange policy is outstanding!

My new iPad 4 is fantastic!!!! Right now I'm in the waiting period (24 hours) for my screen protector to dry. Can't turn it on for 24 hours. Anticipation............................ :thumbs:

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BlueSky77 said:
Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to the good folks at Best Buy for exchanging my iPad3 64 gb with the new iPad 4 today. This is the third iPad exchange I've had with Best Buy since initially buying my iPad 3 (32gb) on Sept. 12th. I went from the 32 gb to the 64 gb with no problem on October 3rd. This morning I brought back my 64 gb iPad 3 and was granted another exchange, without question... (no reason needed to be given) they just cheerfully exchanged it for the brand spanking new iPad 4! I highly recommend them to any of you folks looking to purchase an iPad or any Apple Products in the USA. Their return/exchange policy is outstanding!

My new iPad 4 is fantastic!!!! Right now I'm in the waiting period (24 hours) for my screen protector to dry. Can't turn it on for 24 hours. Anticipation............................ :thumbs:

Thats basically every company involving the ipads exchange policy. I wouldnt praise best buy for doing their job finally. Theyll be out of business by 2014

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple will do the same thing and did for me without one single question.
I actually got my money back, so I didn't have to purchase an iPad 4 if I didn't want to...........but of course, I did!
Plus they have people that actually know something about the iPad and other products.

I'm glad things worked out for you @ BB, but they have a long history of screwing the customer and are killing themselves slowly. Look at their stock and how many CEO's they've gone through.
Up until just a few days ago they weren't telling customers about the iPad 4 and charging full price for the iPad 3.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSky77

BlueSky77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I sure didn't expect all the negativity toward BB.

I've been buying electronics from Best Buy for well over a decade and never had one problem with them. Also I believe the Apple Store gives customers a 15 day return policy. BB gives me 60 days (silver reward zone member) for a full refund or exchange and 30 days for everyone else. Will the Apple Store give you 60 days to return for full refund or exchange? I understand that right now the Apple Store is allowing up to 30 days because the iPad 4 just came out but that is not their usual return policy.

As a side note, I originally purchased an Asus Transformer Prime from Best Buy back in March 2012. In September 2012, I returned it to them because of continuous wifi problems. That's when they took it back (that's 6 months later by the way) in exchange for my first iPad 3. Full price of the Asus was credited toward the purchase of the iPad. That doesn't sound like a company with poor customer service to me.

I'm very sure that folks purchasing from the Apple Store enjoy excellent customer service and a knowledable staff but I have had similar experiences with Best Buy and was just trying to share my enthusiasm. I stand by my original comment that in my opinion Best Buy is a very good place to purchase Apple products.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually did get my iPad 4 from BB yesterday too. I also returned my iPad 3 under their 30 day return policy. So I'm a happy camper here too.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My opinion forms as an employee and many friends who are still employees. The company is horrendous and deserves the future bankruptcy its sure to find. I could tell you more crap about that corporation that would absolutely appall you.

One for example is, the store here has instructed employees to push ipad 3's to anyone who isnt informed on what their buying. They want their stock gone without dropping the price.

CoreDump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My opinion forms as an employee and many friends who are still employees. The company is horrendous and deserves the future bankruptcy its sure to find. I could tell you more crap about that corporation that would absolutely appall you.

One for example is, the store here has instructed employees to push ipad 3's to anyone who isnt informed on what their buying. They want their stock gone without dropping the price.

That would cover just about everyone who buys an Ipad. :D

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The displays in our Best Buy are so confusing. They have the ipad2, and ipad3 still on display. They have a sales associate walking around with the iPad 4 and the mini.

The signs posted around the display say iPad mini, which isn't there, and iPad with retina (4), which also isn't there . Customers were clearly confused : (

They only had 64g minis and lots of the 4. They really need to fix their displays.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The displays in our Best Buy are so confusing. They have the ipad2, and ipad3 still on display. They have a sales associate walking around with the iPad 4 and the mini.

The signs posted around the display say iPad mini, which isn't there, and iPad with retina (4), which also isn't there . Customers were clearly confused : (

They only had 64g minis and lots of the 4. They really need to fix their displays.

I stopped by BB today also......
Same here, no iPad 4 or mini on display and customers have no idea which ones are on display.
Because I know the iPad 4 has the lightening connector I knew it wasn't on display.......others thought they were playing with the iPad 4. :eek:

You had to ask a clerk for the mini which he then pulled out of his pocket and stood there starring at you while you check it out. :thumbsdown:

Not a good setup at all........

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Listening to the salesman try to explain the new retina display versus the new new retina display was interesting. The customers were so confused lol.

It was awkward trying to play with the mini, while the guy just stood over you watching too lol

nmoreman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad that worked out for you. Last year I bought the asus transformer, didn't like it, returned (with receipt) for iPad 2, had problems, returned for another, then the 3 came out. Returned 2 for a 3.

When at register, cashier told me this was the last exchange/return I could do for 3 months, this printed out on my receipt, and to call an 800 number. I was furious, called, and some outside company sent me a printout of 3 returns, all with receipt and within their normal return policy, and also shows famous footwear Christmas return (with receipt).

For this reason, I can't return anything, which means I sure won't buy anything there ever again. It sure doesn't match their return policy. Tis means I will drive and pay more to avoid them!!

Most reactions