1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Korean iPad 2 Wifi+3G in USA

Discussion in 'International iPad Users' started by easlocum85, Sep 19, 2011.

1. easlocum85

easlocum85 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am currently living in South Korea and thinking about buying an iPad 2 Wifi+3G. I was wonder if I buy it and then take it back to America will the 3G work with Verizon and/or AT&T 3G network. I noticed that Korean 3G iPad 2's don't really matter which Korea 3G network you work with, its all the same. Thanks!!!
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Do the iPads sold in Korea have a SIM card? In the US there are two completely different 3G models sold - for Verizon, which has no SIM card and works on the CDMA standard, and AT&T, which has a SIM card and works on the GSM standard. The two models are fundamentally incompatible, so check which version you are purchasing. The Verizon CDMA model works only in the US and a few other countries. The AT&T GSM model works most any place.

Tim