What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kodak Playsport Videos on the Ipad?

wisemonkey1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

has anyone found away to get Kodak playsport video files on to the ipad? These are HD videos so they may not be supported.

I am going on a trip and I want to at least be able to put these video files on the ipad so I clear out my SD card for more video footage. It would be even better if I could somehow view them.

PS - I do have the camera connection kit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If there is a way I haven't found it yet. I make sure the movie is a file itunes recognizes and it has no problems going into iTunes but when I try to put it on the iPad it says it is not compatible :confused:

OP
W

wisemonkey1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My issue is that I want to take my ipad on my trip instead of my laptop. This is my first test run for using my ipad instead of a netbook or full pc on a trip. All I wanted to do is off load my video clips on to the ipad so I could clear the sd card and shoot more video.

This is looking to be impossible with the ipad but would be utterly simple with a netbook or PC.

I love my ipad and i think it would be great to travel with. My only hope is that there is a work around where I could get these files on to my ipad for storage and then download them when I get home.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wisemonkey1 said:
My issue is that I want to take my ipad on my trip instead of my laptop. This is my first test run for using my ipad instead of a netbook or full pc on a trip. All I wanted to do is off load my video clips on to the ipad so I could clear the sd card and shoot more video.

This is looking to be impossible with the ipad but would be utterly simple with a netbook or PC.

I love my ipad and i think it would be great to travel with. My only hope is that there is a work around where I could get these files on to my ipad for storage and then download them when I get home.

What is the filename? It needs to be in mp4 format.

If it is like dscXXXXX.mp4 where XXXXX is between 00000 to 99999 and stores them in dcim/100msdcf then in theory you should be able to copy them to the ipad, it doesn't have to be 100, higher also works, not sure about lower, as my camera default creates 100msdcf

Last edited:
OP
W

wisemonkey1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wisemonkey1 said:

What is the filename? It needs to be in mp4 format.

If it is like dscXXXXX.mp4 where XXXXX is between 00000 to 99999 and stores them in dcim/100msdcf then in theory you should be able to copy them to the ipad, it doesn't have to be 100, higher also works, not sure about lower, as my camera default creates 100msdcf

The file is a .mov - I am not sure about the name yet.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wisemonkey1 said:
I am not sure what CCK is. Can you explain?

Thanks!

Camera Connection Kit! lol

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
:D.
I didn't know what it was until a couple weeks ago.

 that's the only problem with shortening up everything to initials - it drives me crazy working out what stuff is sometimes!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Most reactions

Latest posts