What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowing what you know NOW ~ would you still buy your ipad?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My MacBook is never off so instant on means nothing to me.

If you need 14 hours of battery life then you need an actual life. The MacBooks 10 hours are far more than I need.

Weight is meaningless for anything under 5 lbs as it`s not a problem (I have a gym membership)

iPhone apps have only a portion of the power of any comparable application my MaBook runs (Haven`t seen that full feature Photoshop app out yet)

Touchscreen is nifty but ultimately my standard keyboard is far more capable speed and capability wise.

I don`t even know what a "Splashtop Remote" is so I`m pretty sure it`s irrelevant to my needs.

I sort of love this reply - you challenge people to point out advantages and then belittle or ignore the points made. I can't tell for certain since your head is in the sand, but I think I hear a muffled "lalalalalaaicanthearyoulalalala!" from that direction as well. I heard similar arguments against the abacus, back when I was a sprout. Hope you do enjoy the MacBook, though, despite its disadvantages. :)

BBSean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our Ipad led us to the iphones; now it doesn't get much use anymore.

So unfortunately no, if I had to do it all over again, I would get the iphones and save my money on the ipad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Knowing what you know NOW ~ would you still buy your iPad?

Oh, abso-frickin-lutely!!!

I knew nothing of iPad, iPods or Apple. In fact, I don't even own\use a smart phone (I have a basic Tracfone). So, I had no expectations. I was/is all new to me and I am enjoying the heck out of it. Heck, you should have seen the entertainment I was getting out of it just swiping the pages and moving the icons around! :D

Since I didn't know anything (and block Flash routinely on my desktop machine) - I enjoy finding out what this thing can do and am not bothered by what it can't do - or by what hoops I may have to go through to get it to act like my Windows machine with documents and such. It does WAY better than I anticipated, actually. It's a toss-up between my PB360 (e-reader) and this as to which is the best buy of the year ... or ever.

Can you tell I like it? My only regret is that it took me so long to get one...:eek:

Marilyn

iMacGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With out a doubt yes I would. While many point out it's shortfalls, and yes there are some. I still love it and use it every day. The only thorn that bugs me at the moment is not being able to print to my wifi HP Printer, well I can if I jump through hoops.

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but there are no MacBooks that get 10 hours battery life (and if it's never off as you claim you are plugged in all the time...therefore illustrating my point). The new MBA only gets about 8...and it is the most power efficient MB on the market! It's not about being able to use it for 14 hours straight, its about never having to search for a power outlet since it will easily last longer than any day you could ever use it for.

Actually my MacBook is plugged in for an hour a day when not in use.

As for the weight...you have a gym membership....yes that really got the point. geez.

The point is that the weight means nothing to me as I never use either while holding it.The MacBook is always on a desk/table and the iPad is always in a stand because using it without one is difficult.
Carrying the extra weight of my MacBook around is negligible as it`s in a bag with a shoulder strap it`s never bothered me.

Try using your regular keyboard in a meeting while standing....good luck ;)

Not something I`ve ever had to do, meetings at work I sit and in fact don`t have a need for a computer at all in a meeting.

For you it seems the iPad is not a need.....but to say its basically useless is just diluted.

The word is "deluded" and please point out where I said it was "basically useless".
In fact I`ve repeatedly stated that for some people it`s effective, perfect, and irreplaceable.

All I`ve said is that "for me" it doesn`t meet my needs.

Fanboi`s are so cute.

;)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kingsmuse said:
Fanboi`s are so cute. ;)

This is like George Carlin, when he says everyone driving slower is an a-hole, everyone driving faster is a maniac. Everyone that likes the iPad is a fanboi, whereas everyone on Vulcan buys the Mac Book because it's so darn logical. Does it come with some pre-installed software from Dymo or do you make all the labels by hand? :)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would definitely buy it again.

Still... It bugs me that it's not quite an "autonomous" device. And even more so since my computer fried because I won't even be able to make the update.

Most reactions

Latest posts