What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowing what you know NOW ~ would you still buy your ipad?

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's alright, but I'd replace it in an instant if something better came along with the same battery life, data plan, and weight.

Yup same here but I think it might be a while before we get to see high end quality device like iPad.

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My turn, yep, and I only just purchased less then a month ago. Great device all around. I am not an Apple fan, but do have an iPhone and love it. I think the iPad is a very polished device, and with the new 4.2 I am running it is soooo much better!!

We run Windows, blackberrys and androids at work, and with the exception of struggling to transfer data back and forth, the device rocks.

Ayway, my 2c.
DaveR

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm more than pleased and would buy again....even with the new guys coming out... I love this one!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad wasn't released until today, no I wouldn't have bought one. I would have bought one of the Android tablets.

However, since the iPad was released months ago, I'm not the type to wait for the next great thing, I'll buy the current great thing every time, take the small depreciation hit and upgrade when the next great thing comes out.

This is what I'll be doing this time. The iPad will either be going to my wife or getting sold, and I'll be picking up a Notion Ink Adam, Archos 101, or something else similar. The only reason I am waiting now is due to the fact that so many Android tablets are being released for the holiday season, I want to have a few more options and be able to read some initial reviews.

rocshaus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sold mine. Don't miss it. iPad is a luxury, not a necessity and definitely not as useful as my laptop. I'm waiting for paper-thin tablets, AR glasses and/or holograms.

I agree that at the moment the iPad is more luxury than necessity, but a luxury only if you fail to see the potential of the device. As one of thousands of photographers, I find the iPad indispensable for quick edits on the go, and as a very client friendly portfolio of my work. Thanks to so many great Sign language apps, my 4 year old daughter whom does not speak due to her downs syndrome has increased her sign vocabulary, not to mention hand/eye coordination, ten fold.
All I am trying to say is that, coming from someone who is not easily impressed by "shiny and new", I can clearly see that this is THE absolute future of personal computing.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup same here but I think it might be a while before we get to see high end quality device like iPad.

Agreed. It will be awhile, but one day we'll be freed from the tyranny of iTunes! :) With Splashtop and Dropbox, I can get by for a while on the productivity front, and this forum helps with lots of ideas.

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure. I love the ipad but really miss flash and because of this I''ll probably travel with my laptop as well. The Ipad for it's toy value and the laptop for serious stuff. If another tablei comes out with flash I'll take a serious look at it

Lgchris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like my iPad so much I started a development company for it.

Jax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poor signal and all,, Yes I would buy it again. I bought it for road travel. The simple no contract 3G plan is one of the reasons. I have no desire for a Iphone. The biggest advantage the I pad has for me is the instant on and simple touch screen. I can access maps or find what I need on the net in short time. No it does not take the place of my laptop, nor do I want it to.

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely would buy it today however this week bought a MacBook air 11". I am very comfortably with the difference between the two and still love my iPad for the touch screen, great apps and ease of use and yes, of course the 3G...got in on the original unlimited....

Itwasntme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't.

I do enjoy my iPad quite a bit, and use it every day. It gets used at work (taking notes, reading docs, etc.), at home (email, web browsing, netflix, ABC, magazines, iBooks, nook, and kindle books, and loads of video games).

What I don't like is not having the ability to hookup directly to a printer. Not being able to hook up directly to a computer to move around files outisde of iTunes. The limitted ram on the device. A wee bit more ram would have gone a long way in improving the quaity of games that could be ported/created for the iPad. Most of all I dislike not being able to increase my storage space with an SD card (without jailbreaking it).

Next year we'll have a lot of tablets to choose from. At this point I'm too heavily invested in my iPad to replace it, so at most I'll pick up one of thoe other devices for my wife.

Had I known what I know now, I would have waited for one of the other tablets.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't.

I do enjoy my iPad quite a bit, and use it every day. It gets used at work (taking notes, reading docs, etc.), at home (email, web browsing, netflix, ABC, magazines, iBooks, nook, and kindle books, and loads of video games).

What I don't like is not having the ability to hookup directly to a printer. Not being able to hook up directly to a computer to move around files outisde of iTunes. The limitted ram on the device. A wee bit more ram would have gone a long way in improving the quaity of games that could be ported/created for the iPad. Most of all I dislike not being able to increase my storage space with an SD card (without jailbreaking it).

Next year we'll have a lot of tablets to choose from. At this point I'm too heavily invested in my iPad to replace it, so at most I'll pick up one of thoe other devices for my wife.

Had I known what I know now, I would have waited for one of the other tablets.

Everything you described was fully known at pre-sale! None of that info was hidden in any way.

Most reactions

Latest posts