What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knopf oben

ramzes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo!
Eine frage, wie funktioniert den Knopf oben, wenn ich das ipad Air ausschalten will, drücke ich den Knopf oben und kommt nicht ... Funktioniert nicht.

Mit smart cover geht.

Der knopf manchmal funktioniert, manchmal nicht.
Ist das normal oder der knopf iist kaputt?

Danke im voraus!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the Power button, that's used to turn off your device: the behaviour you described isn't normal. Short pressing should lock the screen, long pressing should turn off your device, just as it does on any other iPad.

It should work in any case, also without the cover. A workaround for your problem can be found in Settings - General - Accessibility - Assistive Touch. There you'll find the option to power off your device. To turn it on again, charge it.

There are a few things that could help:
I've seen that softly "banging" the button to a wall fixed that problem sometimes. (I wouldn't try it, though.)
For some, a restore solved the issue.
If the problem still exists, you should take your device to an Apple Store. Because it's a new iPad, better try this first.

Btw: if you want to post in German, there's an extra forum within iPF for this: http://www.ipadforums.net/german-dedicated-ipad-forum/ :)

Last edited:
OP
R

ramzes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now it works .. But sometimes when I open some program (Evernote) and i want to turn off ipad without closing cover, it want work. I push the button, but it comes nothing. Then i close rhe cover, and after that it works again. Normalky works when it is on main page. I can not beleive that my ipad is broken... I just can not beleive.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try a reset as well. Sometimes it fixes unusual problems. I don't know whether or not it will work, because of your Power button.

Reset (sorry, if you already know the procedure): press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release both and let your device power up on it's own.

I think that taking it to the next Apple Store would be the best idea, especially considering that it's a new device.

OP
R

ramzes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will i lose all my data on ipad if i try that, i mean should i back up first all data and than do that?

What i also have seen and forgot to say, sometimes when i open you tube, or evernote or some app, they crashes themselfs, and closes automaticaly.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the reset I suggested, you won't lose anything, so there's no need to backup for this. Anyway, backing up your device is always a good idea.

From time to time you should close apps in the multitask bar. Maybe they are the reason to your crashes:
Double tap the Home button or four finger swipe upwards to reveal the multitask bar, then swipe thumbnails/pictures above the app icons towards the top of the screen.

There's a thread where crashing apps/Safari on iPad Air is discussed in this forum: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-air-forum/116328-issues-air.html
Maybe you'll find something there that will help you fix your crashes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts