Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'iPad Games' started by zsqysq, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Blackbeltmikey

Blackbeltmikey iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check post number about 40 or so. No need to start over.
  2. Blackbeltmikey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is the aforementioned guide I posted.
  3. Bigspottedcat

Bigspottedcat iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Turtling?????

8. If you find yourself getting destroyed, remove some allies, don't level and focus on upgrading buildings and units. If a few days your picture will improve greatly and it's much better than restarting. This process is known as turtling.

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN AGES

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  4. Blackbeltmikey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry I am referring to turtling or camping which is a commonly used gaming term that means to stop moving forward to build defenses. What are you doing with turtles that would make it funny?
  5. Bigspottedcat

Bigspottedcat iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Misguided ill informed

Just BAD advice for this game! Knocking off allies is ridiculous. Max allies per level geared up to max units. What level are you Mickey Mouse? Ha ha.

Go and turtle yourself
  6. Blackbeltmikey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is only for people who have leveled too fast and are getting destroyed and are considering starting over. It is not like allies are hard to come by. It is only a temporary strategy until the person can catch up their resources to their level. If they keep max allies they will continue to get destroyed and wont be able to collect on the resources they have. If they shed some allies temporarily, their kingdom will only show up to be raided by weaker opponents and will be less likely to be raided thus gaining time to shore up.

It is the exact strategy you should use if you can't afford to have units and equips for your level. It is also better than starting completely over. The only way to level rapidly in this game is to spend hundreds of dollars expediting upgrades and buying units.

If you read the entire guide you would see that I am at max allies and am quite capable of defending and attacking any other player at my level unless they are well funded.
  7. JoshT

JoshT iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Much thanks for this, help a lot )
  8. thuthukoko

thuthukoko iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree that this works. I leveled too fast and my attack list was full of rivals stronger than me. So I removed a few allies and got stronger units in fewer numbers. Then my rival list looked much better and of course less raids,
  9. Mah

Mah iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got a problem, I'm banned, and I want to create an account. When I enter the game, it screws me with "you have an issue with your account" so I can't reset the game. How can I create a new character?
  10. Blackbeltmikey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The game is linked to your iTunes account. Players who try to restart find the same issue. I hate to ask what you got banned for, but it might be good to know so that others won't repeat it.
  11. Mah

Mah iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Due to fake in-app purshares :D
    If I create a new iTunes account I find a game issue((
    Is there a way to create a new game character?
  12. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,366 / 0
    I would say that you are a Pirate and as such will receive no help in this Forum!

We neither condone nor discuss anything Piracy related, it is stealing pure and simple and illegal and by the looks of it the reason you were banned from this game.
    Developers work very hard creating these games for you to play and they deserve to be paid for their work. Don't be a Pirate!
  13. WHITER33

WHITER33 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whats best to upgrade to earn money without spending "real" money
  14. Blackbeltmikey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It depends on how often you can check the game. Cottages and farms earn the best income per hour, but only if you collect frequently. Otherwise you want to look into your silos and castle. Regardless, higher level building take longer and cost more to upgrade and the higher the upgrade the longer and more expensive it will be.
  15. WHITER33

WHITER33 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    silos are at 10 - 9900
    castle at 3 -350
    playhouse at 5 - 10400
    lender at 1 - 2000
    Tavern at 5 - 1320
    shipyard at 2 - 1000

these are my big earners. Currently at 4073 per hour

Was just curious as to what I should be upgrading next to get the best income.
  16. Blackbeltmikey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are looking at heavier hitters as far as amounts then stables and libraries provide good amounts as far as larger collections, but don't necessarily affect your collection per hour as much. For instance a level 10 cottage collect 90 coins every 5 minutes. Since you can collect 12 times per hour, that is a whopping 1080 coins per hour compared to what you think is the best collector, the silo, which is only around 425 coins per hour and your playhouse is only at about 215 per hour. The cottage upgrades faster and cheaper.

In general the potential coins per hour goes down with the level the building was introduced, the upgrades are also more costly and time consuming and therefore less cost effective. So again it depends on how often you log in to collect. The pitfall to the cottage is that many collections are missed because people have lives and need sleep. So you can have 2 cottages adding 2160 to the coins per hour stat you are citing, but you are missing out on many of the collections, but if you log in a lot, it is still a good upgrade because it is cheap and quick and will actually make you more money if you can collect frequently. If you only log in a few times a day though, it doesn't net you much money, so you want to look at upgrades of the buildings that are longer collect time and you miss fewer collections.

So it really does depend on your playing habits.
  17. Zenobia

Zenobia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    As for income buildings, I'm a big dork and keep a spreadsheet. :eek: In my spreadsheet for each type of building I note the income, how often you can collect, then in reality how many times per day I estimate I actually check in and collect (e.g. an 8-hour building = twice per day). So income * actual times per day = actual income per day. Then I have a rows with how much the next upgrade would cost and what the resulting actual income per day would be. The difference between my current inc/day on that building and the next level inc/day, divided by the price for an upgrade is the "value" of upgrading that building. If what I want to upgrade next is money buildings (as opposed to unit or boost or defense buildings), I'll go with the one with the highest "value". But I also look at the time the upgrade will take. If the upgrade would finish at an inconvenient time, or I just don't feel like waiting 2 days, lol, I choose another.

I have similar formulas for what to buy next for combat. The difference between the attack or defense number of my lowest currently used unit/weapon/armor and the potential new purchase's number, divided by the cost of the new unit/weapon/armor.
  18. Blackbeltmikey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for spitting out what I was trying to say and taking it to a new level :) the spreadsheet is a great idea.
  19. Temp50

Temp50 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This game I played for the first time today and it is really great and thank you for the tips.
  20. Ghost_Chili

Ghost_Chili iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I am wondering if players are able to raid someones building more than once? I'm asking because my silos have been raided on multiple occasions and have never raided anyone's building more than once, that I know of

And just wondering if Funzio has a site somewhere laying out the upgrades of each building and their earning potential, just so I know what buildings are best

Thanks