Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'iPad Games' started by zsqysq, Apr 21, 2012.

1. BobFishcake

BobFishcake
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    This is for the new players......

As previously mentioned the number of units in att/def is 3*allies. To simply see the actual number you can go into profile and push the 'i' button.

It's worth noting that attack and defense are calculated independently. So attack is calculated (assume 33 allies or 100 units) as the top 100 attack on all units, the top 100 attack all weapons and the top 100 attack all armor. Where defense is calculated the top 100 def for all those things. Then there are also the upgrade buildings and defensive buildings which add again.

Where problems arise can be where you purchase an expensive defensive unit. But it's attack is high enough so that it's still included in attack as well and you lose it. That's why you should look at you units as two teams. One for attack and one for defense. For example the battering ram is excellent for protecting expensive defensive units because its cheap at 110g and has 8 attack.

2. esseay

esseay
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Just started the Game... Pls how d I get more gems without paying...

Add me with 738 622 560

3. CloudKing

CloudKing
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry Gems are for paying customers .... But don't despair when events occur you have a chance to gain units greater than gem worth :)

4. esseay

esseay
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Txs

5. Zenobia

Zenobia
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone ever reached the top 250 of any of the magic boxes (Rune Box, Whelp Box, Abyss Box, etc.) without spending a ton on gems?

Whenever these come up, I am religious about trying a box every hour during the day. I even make sure that if I wake up during the night (due to thunder, my cats, whatever), I keep my ipad at my bedside and try a box. I always pay for the "medium chance." I have never gotten more than 14 boxes I think.

These boxes... They were fun at first but now they're starting to make the game feel like one cannot be at ALL competitive without spending hundreds of dollars. How does one protect himself against someone who has units with attack values over 1000 each? At least I can vault my money and spend any & all that goes over my current vault limit, but these super-units seem to HEAVILY skew the game towards those willing to spend a whole lot of real money. Much more-so than other games. Me no likey.

6. Blackbeltmikey

Blackbeltmikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I noticed the same thing. I was religiously opening the boxes using the medium chance and had great initial success, but then after I got to 5, I noticed that when I was successful, I often got honor and coins instead of the object needed. The game is obviously going to favor paying customers as all games probably should do. After all, they want paid to maintain the game and servers. Someone would have to be extremely fortunate to beat out the gem players to the top 250.

The only counter is to build a whole lot of defensive units which I suggest anyway. If you notice the endgame-type units are heavily favored towards offense anyway.

7. zubu

zubu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i just made a simple calculus and is crazy! the leader in top 250 for the Helms of Darkness has 331 helms!!! even when played with diamonds it takes a ratio of 1:4 so you'll find a helm out of 4 boxes. to open a box it cost 40 diamonds (20 to reset the timer and 20 to open the box) so it cost about 160 diamonds to find a helm...so..to find 330 helms you need to spend 52800 diamonds!!!!! you get 1500 diamonds for 70 pounds so it looks like the leader just spent around 2500 pounds for this quest! this is crazy! I just hope we are not talking about people hacking our itunes accounts...

#47 zubu, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  8. zubu

zubu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    on a simple calculus Top 50 has spent 23000 pounds!..wow...well done Kingdom Age!

9. Blackbeltmikey

Blackbeltmikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes, refer to my post before about wasting money for jewels...lol. Some people have more money than brains.

10. WHITER33

WHITER33
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    People must be really keen to put some much real money into this game.
    Does anyone know "Wildstallion" he has been number 1 in the top 50 of all the special box events.
    Must have deep pockets or know a cheat for the game