What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks

Zenobia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I broke down and bought some gems as well. To build money buildings. Also bought some hero armor. Did not spend any on the Gladiator King but may spend some at the end of the Druid Box time period tomorrow night. Because somehow I am in the running for the top 250. For the last day and a half, I have been one under, even with, or one over the number needed to be top 250 (as I type, the magic number is 17. I have been at 16 like 18 hours, and for a while that was good, when the magic number was 15). I've been playing slow, not leveling up too fast so that I don't encounter the big guns until I have more strength. When it's not Box time, I don't do quests or attack people. But as soon as it's Box time, I go on the offensive and gain a level or two (at level 54 now, will be 55 by tomorrow) and lots of boxes to try. However, that strategy does not work so well with the Gladiator King. I couldn't even defeat his level 10 without spending gems and I wasn't going to spend gems on that, especially once it was clear there was no way I'd get near completing the quest.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zenobia said:
I broke down and bought some gems as well. To build money buildings. Also bought some hero armor. Did not spend any on the Gladiator King but may spend some at the end of the Druid Box time period tomorrow night. Because somehow I am in the running for the top 250. For the last day and a half, I have been one under, even with, or one over the number needed to be top 250 (as I type, the magic number is 17. I have been at 16 like 18 hours, and for a while that was good, when the magic number was 15). I've been playing slow, not leveling up too fast so that I don't encounter the big guns until I have more strength. When it's not Box time, I don't do quests or attack people. But as soon as it's Box time, I go on the offensive and gain a level or two (at level 54 now, will be 55 by tomorrow) and lots of boxes to try. However, that strategy does not work so well with the Gladiator King. I couldn't even defeat his level 10 without spending gems and I wasn't going to spend gems on that, especially once it was clear there was no way I'd get near completing the quest.

Good for you on the Druid boxes and here's hoping you make the top 250... :)

As for the Gladiator king I made to to 12 without gems my next for had to spend gems to get to 16 by time I hit 17 was just to expensive so that's as far as got (level 66).

Leveling I take the slow approach from the 18th to today done 4 levels (62-66), but I also increased +5k in both ATK / DEF.

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zubu said:
yes 50-60 dollars not 3000 dollars that you would need to spend on Kingdom Age if you want to win one of the challenges...There is no comparison here...This game is crazy expensive.

Obviously some people are paying it. I agree that the gems are far too expensive for the benefit. I have relegated this game to passive status. I check it a couple of times a day for five minutes to collect my money and do my upgrades and maybe do a couple of quests. Really about all one can do since everything else costs, but obviously some people are paying it. More power to them.

Still this game does have staying power and is compelling to play.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lessons Learned #2 (buying units)

I have seen several approaches to increasing your attack and defenses with unit purchases;

1st) Stair or ladder approach - you purchase units at each level of the unit building, at specific increments seen 75x, 100x, even 200x
Pro: steady growth, usually lower level units protects higher level by absorbing loss in combat.
Con: as the minimum attack and defense values raise lower units are lost once more powerful unit is added. because units are purchased at each level in a specific increment this can strand large groups if not careful.

2). Lots of the best approach - build up unit building till a specific powerful unit is ready for purchase then buy as much as you can.
Pro : fast jumps in growth as each purchase raises attack and defense
Con: units are usually too costly for the player and they are undermanned also losses in combat come right off the top as these are the units in the majority in combat.

3rd). Pairing approach - take best unit with a high low value for attack and defense and pair them. Buying increments in both till ready to go to next unit (example; Battling ram 8/1 and Monk 3/6)Units with equal or close to equal stats not good choices.
Pro: steady growth and protection of higher units
con: both units could be used for attack or defense if gap between attack and def not maintained or not enough units

I personally use a combination of 2&3

Last edited:

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CloudKing said:
Lessons Learned #2 (buying units)

I have seen several approaches to increasing your attack and defenses with unit purchases;

1st) Stair or ladder approach - you purchase units at each level of the unit building, at specific increments seen 75x, 100x, even 200x
Pro: steady growth, usually lower level units protects higher level by absorbing loss in combat.
Con: as the minimum attack and defense values raise lower units are lost once more powerful unit is added. because units are purchased at each level in a specific increment this can strand large groups if not careful.

2). Lots of the best approach - build up unit building till a specific powerful unit is ready for purchase then buy as much as you can.
Pro : fast jumps in growth as each purchase raises attack and defense
Con: units are usually too costly for the player and they are undermanned also losses in combat come right off the top as these are the units in the majority in combat.

3rd). Pairing approach - take best unit with a high low value for attack and defense and pair them. Buying increments in both till ready to go to next unit (example; Battling ram 8/1 and Monk 3/6)Units with equal or close to equal stats not good choices.
Pro: steady growth and protection of higher units
con: both units could be used for attack or defense if gap between attack and def not maintained or not enough units

I personally use a combination of 2&3

I am a bit behind you in level. I am currently at 33 and my strategy has been to focus on defense. To me invading is too costly to do unless it fills a quest and even at that there are enough weak opponents to fulfill those. The problem with invading is that you tend to lose a few units each time even if the opponent is much weaker than you. So a successful invasion that even nets you 200 gold might cost 2000 in unit loss. I realize that invasions are a big part of the game later, but early on it seems to make less sense.

My current project at this level is to get my wizard spire to level 7 to get the 32 defense unit that is better on defense than all but a few non gem units. I figure that these units will last me for a very long time. Of course the last two upgrades to the wizard spire are quite costly and time consuming so I am once again in a holding pattern.

As far as the Druid event, I will get my usual 10 to get the second unit, but as usual, after six Druids I start getting honor and coins instead of the helms.

Last bit of advice...manage your allies. If you can't afford to get good units for your level,then don't invite or accept allies. Patience is golden in this game.

Ghost_Chili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys new player here. Sadly I'm about a week in and have completely messed up my account. I have level 18 with 100+ allies and have won 14 battles against losing over 600. I was wondering if there was a way to restart my account and actually play with some patience. I wish to simply forget my past troubles and begin anew..Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ghost_Chili said:
Hey guys new player here. Sadly I'm about a week in and have completely messed up my account. I have level 18 with 100+ allies and have won 14 battles against losing over 600. I was wondering if there was a way to restart my account and actually play with some patience. I wish to simply forget my past troubles and begin anew..Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks

No need to start anew. Just jettison some allies to about 25. And camp for a little. Don't level for a few days and just focus on building armies, upgrading buildings, and make sure you visit all 25 of your allies each day. Make sure you have built two of each money building you can before you level. Once you make some money and build you defense you can start to progress slowly. Through the levels again. Your goal is that your defense needs to be 200-300 times your level(higher later on) Just have some patience now and you will save your time restarting.

I am curious how you have 100+ allies as you are only allowed 5 per level. No way you can have more than 90. FYI... Your battle record is not of concern, but I would refrain from attacking as it is costly. Check some of my other tips on a previous post for more advise.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbeltmikey said:
No need to start anew. Just jettison some allies to about 25. And camp for a little. Don't level for a few days and just focus on building armies, upgrading buildings, and make sure you visit all 25 of your allies each day. Make sure you have built two of each money building you can before you level. Once you make some money and build you defense you can start to progress slowly. Through the levels again. Your goal is that your defense needs to be 200-300 times your level(higher later on) Just have some patience now and you will save your time restarting.

I am curious how you have 100+ allies as you are only allowed 5 per level. No way you can have more than 90. FYI... Your battle record is not of concern, but I would refrain from attacking as it is costly. Check some of my other tips on a previous post for more advise.

Very possible to have more allies than you can use...
Actually if go to quest book and look under the leveling that requires ally totals to be meet/quest you will see a tally of allies you have vs next objective so even though your restricted on use of allies per level your tally may be higher

Yeah I'm over 400x level :)

Ghost_Chili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't say I'm an expert with all the ally ratio stuff but all I know is I added everyone I possibly could when I first started and now I have a **** load :/

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ghost_Chili said:
Can't say I'm an expert with all the ally ratio stuff but all I know is I added everyone I possibly could when I first started and now I have a **** load :/

Check out my post on page three then. You can have more allies than your level. They just don't count. Also good tips there though.

Ghost_Chili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed the difference in prices between a unit with 1 att 1 def compared to those say with 9 attack 6 defense. Is it better to just buy a ****load of cheap weak unites compared to buying a few strong ones?

thuthukoko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buying 10 soldiers with atk1 def1 would mean that you will get Atk10 and def10 in total where as buying the same number of soldiers with Atk9 def6 will give you atk90 and and def60.
This is the reason why players with the same level and same number of units can have different Atk and defense abilities.

So the higher the quality the better.

On the other hand, higher quality means more money, so you just to balance it out as you are only allowed a certain number of units for a given level.

Last edited:

thuthukoko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thuthukoko said:
Buying 10 soldiers with atk1 def1 would mean that you will get Atk10 and def10 in total where as buying the same number of soldiers with Atk9 def6 will give you atk90 and and def60.
This is the reason why players with the same level and same number of units can have different Atk and defense abilities.

So the higher the quality the better.

On the other hand, higher quality mean more money, so you just have to balance it out as you are only allowed a certain number of units for a given level.

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thuthukoko said:
On the other hand, higher quality mean more money, so you just have to balance it out as you are only allowed a certain number of units for a given level.

You are better off buying quality defensive units in the long run and managing your allies. Don't add allies and level too fast or you will be too weak later on and get pummeled by attack. You need to buy 15 units for every level. If you can't afford that, upgrade and build money buildings. Yes quality units are more money, but it will lead to less future waste.

Most reactions

Latest posts