What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zenobia said:
Has anyone ever reached the top 250 of any of the magic boxes (Rune Box, Whelp Box, Abyss Box, etc.) without spending a ton on gems?

Whenever these come up, I am religious about trying a box every hour during the day. I even make sure that if I wake up during the night (due to thunder, my cats, whatever), I keep my ipad at my bedside and try a box. I always pay for the "medium chance." I have never gotten more than 14 boxes I think.

These boxes... They were fun at first but now they're starting to make the game feel like one cannot be at ALL competitive without spending hundreds of dollars. How does one protect himself against someone who has units with attack values over 1000 each? At least I can vault my money and spend any & all that goes over my current vault limit, but these super-units seem to HEAVILY skew the game towards those willing to spend a whole lot of real money. Much more-so than other games. Me no likey.

I noticed the same thing. I was religiously opening the boxes using the medium chance and had great initial success, but then after I got to 5, I noticed that when I was successful, I often got honor and coins instead of the object needed. The game is obviously going to favor paying customers as all games probably should do. After all, they want paid to maintain the game and servers. Someone would have to be extremely fortunate to beat out the gem players to the top 250.

The only counter is to build a whole lot of defensive units which I suggest anyway. If you notice the endgame-type units are heavily favored towards offense anyway.

zubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just made a simple calculus and is crazy! the leader in top 250 for the Helms of Darkness has 331 helms!!! even when played with diamonds it takes a ratio of 1:4 so you'll find a helm out of 4 boxes. to open a box it cost 40 diamonds (20 to reset the timer and 20 to open the box) so it cost about 160 diamonds to find a helm...so..to find 330 helms you need to spend 52800 diamonds!!!!! you get 1500 diamonds for 70 pounds so it looks like the leader just spent around 2500 pounds for this quest! this is crazy! I just hope we are not talking about people hacking our itunes accounts...

Last edited:

zubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on a simple calculus Top 50 has spent 23000 pounds!..wow...well done Kingdom Age!

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zubu said:
on a simple calculus Top 50 has spent 23000 pounds!..wow...well done Kingdom Age!

Yes, refer to my post before about wasting money for jewels...lol. Some people have more money than brains.

WHITER33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People must be really keen to put some much real money into this game.
Does anyone know "Wildstallion" he has been number 1 in the top 50 of all the special box events.
Must have deep pockets or know a cheat for the game

zubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People must be really keen to put some much real money into this game.
Does anyone know "Wildstallion" he has been number 1 in the top 50 of all the special box events.
Must have deep pockets or know a cheat for the game

Wildstallion and Gryffyn..i wonder if they could be the "rabbits", game people, pushing up the top so others will pay...who in its right mind would spend 2500 pounds for one quest? and I have seen 4 quests already in less than a month...indeed all won by Wildstallion...

the top 50 has spent 25 thousand pounds already! another 20hrs left...

Bigspottedcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any of you encountered the Gladiator Kings? I am LVL 80 - not sure if they appear earlier. Very clever addition to the game.

What would you lot consider a good gem investment? Possibly a building or any unit suggestions out there?

If the DEVELOPERS are reading this thread - the gems are too expensive guys.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

If they were cheaper, people would consider using them.

€80 buys 1500 gems which is only 3 units at 500 gems each. That's expensive (and I am a working man with a proper job)

Last edited:

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bigspottedcat said:
Any of you encountered the Gladiator Kings? I am LVL 80 - not sure if they appear earlier. Very clever addition to the game.

What would you lot consider a good gem investment? Possibly a building or any unit suggestions out there?

If the DEVELOPERS are reading this thread - the gems are too expensive guys.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

If they were cheaper, people would consider using them.

€80 buys 1500 gems which is only 3 units at 500 gems each. That's expensive (and I am a working man with a proper job)

My first recommendation would be buy money buildings if you going use gems.... With money and patience buy the higher units.

zubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what does it cost to upgrade the money buldings bought with gems: coins or more gems? if is more gems is not worthed but if is coins then is worth to buy them

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zubu said:
what does it cost to upgrade the money buldings bought with gems: coins or more gems? if is more gems is not worthed but if is coins then is worth to buy them

It costs coins but it's expensive..... 2lvl of gold mine is 45,000 / jewelcrafter and winemaker is 30k at 2nd

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CloudKing said:
It costs coins but it's expensive..... 2lvl of gold mine is 45,000 / jewelcrafter and winemaker is 30k at 2nd

Do you also get two of each building or are the gem buildings unlimited. Of course they just announced a 20% off gem sale.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbeltmikey said:
Do you also get two of each building or are the gem buildings unlimited. Of course they just announced a 20% off gem sale.

Yup, two buildings each .. Yeah great time to buy if your thinking

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CloudKing said:
Yup, two buildings each .. Yeah great time to buy if your thinking

Well that's still $120 for the eight money buildings, I would say a tremendous discount from the usual $150. I have more important things to spend money on, but I agree that's probably the best use for it if you are going to use it in game. At least it continues to generate money then.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lessons Learn #1 (Buying Gems)

Just recently I broke down and purchased some gems, ok allot. The recent gem discounted sale tempted me…. I know a fool and his money soon parted, but I think there’s more too this than fool’s gold and so I sharing my findings here.

First off I don’t resign myself to the notion that the game should be free, it is for most part and those that wish it play so can easily. If you play any form of Xbox, PlayStaion, or Nintendo games, you will pay on average $50 to $60 dollars per new game and probably not play it as long as Kingdom Age.

But is worth buying gems??
Yes, but if it were within your expectations.

Gems and or Gold purchased can give a nice edge to players, but unless you willing to spend allot of real money most of us can expect to gain only an edge. Case in point, with the gems I purchased, I did two things;
1st) To purchased Tangibles (Buildings and Units)
2nd) To purchased time (to supplement my attempts to defeat the Gladiator King and gain ranking in the Last event)

My 1st purchase was very satisfying as the building (all money buildings) still are producing a return and even the unit I purchased (vile witch) I did so not as much for the units stats (overpriced) but for the esthetic qualities (thought she looked cool).

My 2nd purchased was not as much so, I thought I would be able to defeat the Gladiator King gain more units and do it in less time. Also thought I could keep up with the rankings of the Druid event… failed on both counts and worst off used gems to do it…. Yes a fool’s dream.

In the end I went back to the stratagem that has worked since beginning… patience. Being patient and building up Money Buildings, Unit Buildings, Lands and Vault Maximum (Not specifically in that order), and though I don’t have a chance at an Emerald Dragon or Forest Spirit for that matter, I spend what is left over from my unit and building upgrades to play events usually gaining the first two indestructible units. All and all KA is as enjoyable as playing any consul game to me. In time i will probably go grab some more gems when the next discount event rolls around… might even find a good match for that vile witch I bought ….perhaps a rude warlock :)

zubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off I don’t resign myself to the notion that the game should be free, it is for most part and those that wish it play so can easily. If you play any form of Xbox, PlayStaion, or Nintendo games, you will pay on average $50 to $60 dollars per new game and probably not play it as long as Kingdom Age.

yes 50-60 dollars not 3000 dollars that you would need to spend on Kingdom Age if you want to win one of the challenges...There is no comparison here...This game is crazy expensive.

Most reactions