What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks

Namche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible to lose units in battle with others. Is it possible to lose unit armor or unit weapons as well?

BobFishcake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible to lose units in battle with others. Is it possible to lose unit armor or unit weapons as well?

Yes you lose units in battle but you cant lose armor or weapons. So weapons and armor are basically indestrictable parts of your att/def. This is undoubtly why some of the big spenders in the game just purchase armor and weapons with pruchased gold.

Philip396

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just began yesterday, so this may look like a stupid question.
But how do you (easily) increase your attack/defense?​

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Philip396 said:
I just began yesterday, so this may look like a stupid question.
But how do you (easily) increase your attack/defense?

The short answer is to buy units (troops) they increase attack and defense. I also suggest reading the beginners guild on the community page of kingdom age very useful. Good luck.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bigspottedcat said:
3. Forget about magic units - too fragile to be of use

Disagree, magic units serve a purpose , they amoung some best defensive units in game.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BobFishcake said:
3. Forget about magic units - too fragile to be of use

I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. Its not often mentioned but you lose way more units in attack than you do in defense. So even a high casualty priest works well in defense. But if you dont have enough units and use your priests in attack then yeah they will fall like flies. So to ensure this doesnt happen I would combine then with the battering rams so you effectively end up with an 8 attack and 17 def unit for 650g.

Good point and to broaden further one must understand when looking to increase attack and defense your scores will only go up by the greater difference of the unit you replace. ( For beginning players this tends not mater due to total unit count is rarely met ) when you have a total unit count above your maximum each unit you buy replaces the weakest unit you have and your attack and defense score see the increase of deference. ( Unit count = 3x number of allies / 10 allies = 30 units that can be used in Battle).

Example: (simple case) if Foot Soldier (attack 1 /defense 1) is your lowest unit in battle, when you purchase a Pikeman (attack 2/ defense 3) it will increase your total attack by +1 and defense by +2 .

Now one must also understand that the troops used for attack and defense can be different or the same dependent on total units available. If the units available are less than or equal to 3 x number of allies then all troops will fight, if more than you will begin to have two armies one used for defense another for attack with most likely top end units fighting on both. The units with the highest attack value will be use for attack and units with highest defense for defense.

Thus no troops are utterly useless or to fragile to use if used correctly

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been playing for a few weeks and have several offers of advice. My first overall advice is that this is a game of patience. Time is your ally.

1. Get to 25 allies as soon as possible. Get allies by invading other people (you don't actually attack at this point) and select rival profile and look into the comments part for people spamming their ids. You can also see the strength of your rival at this point and the gold they to see if they are worth attacking. Once you have allies you can visit them daily for 25 free gold x 25 allies is 625 free gold every day (max free gold this each day).

2. It is pretty safe to level to level 15 pretty quickly...beyond this you should wait to make sure you have all money buildings for each level before moving forward. You should always be constantly upgrading, building, expanding your vault and expanding your kingdom.

3. Focus on defense early. The siege workshop is your best avenue early on. The ballista offers 9 defense at level 3. And then the blimp at level 7 offers a whopping 17. I found the other buildings only useful for quests. Get simple units early as that is all you can afford, but after that focus on quality.

4. You get three units for your army for every ally you have. Make sure you have enough weapons and armor for them. Cheap is key early. Money is better spent on units as that provides the best attack/defense for gold value. I always get the tavern twins for 8 gold and the footmans leather for armor at 32 gold each. Just having them makes a huge difference in attack/defense.

5. Always vault all your gold. People won't bother attacking you if they don't get anything out of it. I have only been raided a few times and even if they are much stronger than you, they will only attack once and then search for better rewards elsewhere. Conversely if you are raiding someone and they don't yield much, move on. Always check your opponents attack defense before raiding them.

6. Upgrading money buildings is tricky. If you are someone that can check the game frequently, you are better upgrading farms and cottages as they provide the most cash quickly and frequently. Whereas as if you only want to check a few times a day then you want to upgrade silos. You also have to weigh the benefits of cost and time. Higher level upgrades take longer and are more expensive than lower level upgrades.

7. You should also monitor your allies. You can have 5 allies for every level. If you have good defensive units that are equipped, you can have as many allies as you want, but this also put you in more elite company on raids. I choose to have my allies near the max.

8. If you find yourself getting destroyed, remove some allies, don't level and focus on upgrading buildings and units. If a few days your picture will improve greatly and it's much better than restarting. This process is known as turtling.

9. Unless you are independently wealthy, don't waste money on the jewels. You can get some cool units but at what price. The game also makes it real easy to accidentally waste large numbers of gems on reducing upgrade times. If you do spend gems, get the units you want immediately and don't stockpile the gems. Conversely, never raid or invade a gem player. If you go to their kingdom, look for gem buildings. If they have them, move on.

10. This should get most people going early on good luck and feel free to look me up 644-935-173 I will accept all allies if I have room.

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allies

Things to know;

1). The number allies one can have is 5x their current level (level 10 can have 30 allies).

2). The number allies one has determines how many units that can be used in player vs player battles and raids. 3 units per each ally ( 30 allies allows for 90 units).

3). Ally requests once accepted immediately take available ally openings once all opening filled all remaining accepted allies fill backend queue for next opening once player levels up. ( level 10 player has accepted 34 allies only 30 will count until level 11 when 4 remaining accepted allies will be counted)

4). Visiting an ally every 24hrs gains you 25 gold. (25allies visited = 625 gold every 24hrs) **max is 25 allies on can visit - thanks BlackBeltMikey :)

5). Allies cannot attack each other.

Last edited:

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CloudKing said:
Allies

Things to know;

1). The number allies one can have is 5x their current level (level 10 can have 30 allies).

2). The number allies one has determines how many units that can be used in player vs player battles and raids. 3 units per each ally ( 30 allies allows for 90 units).

3). Ally requests once accepted immediately take available ally openings once all opening filled all remaining accepted allies fill backend queue for next opening once player levels up. ( level 10 player has accepted 34 allies only 30 will count until level 11 when 4 remaining accepted allies will be counted)

4). Visiting an ally every 24hrs gains you 25 gold. (30 allies visited = 750 gold every 24hrs)

5). Allies cannot attack each other.

Just an FYI...the max allies visited that will pay is 25. You can visit more, but you won't receive gold.

BobFishcake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is for the new players......

As previously mentioned the number of units in att/def is 3*allies. To simply see the actual number you can go into profile and push the 'i' button.

It's worth noting that attack and defense are calculated independently. So attack is calculated (assume 33 allies or 100 units) as the top 100 attack on all units, the top 100 attack all weapons and the top 100 attack all armor. Where defense is calculated the top 100 def for all those things. Then there are also the upgrade buildings and defensive buildings which add again.

Where problems arise can be where you purchase an expensive defensive unit. But it's attack is high enough so that it's still included in attack as well and you lose it. That's why you should look at you units as two teams. One for attack and one for defense. For example the battering ram is excellent for protecting expensive defensive units because its cheap at 110g and has 8 attack.

esseay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Just started the Game... Pls how d I get more gems without paying...

Add me with 738 622 560

CloudKing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
esseay said:
Hi

Just started the Game... Pls how d I get more gems without paying...

Add me with 738 622 560

Sorry Gems are for paying customers .... But don't despair when events occur you have a chance to gain units greater than gem worth :)

esseay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CloudKing said:
Sorry Gems are for paying customers .... But don't despair when events occur you have a chance to gain units greater than gem worth :)

Txs

Zenobia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone ever reached the top 250 of any of the magic boxes (Rune Box, Whelp Box, Abyss Box, etc.) without spending a ton on gems?

Whenever these come up, I am religious about trying a box every hour during the day. I even make sure that if I wake up during the night (due to thunder, my cats, whatever), I keep my ipad at my bedside and try a box. I always pay for the "medium chance." I have never gotten more than 14 boxes I think.

These boxes... They were fun at first but now they're starting to make the game feel like one cannot be at ALL competitive without spending hundreds of dollars. How does one protect himself against someone who has units with attack values over 1000 each? At least I can vault my money and spend any & all that goes over my current vault limit, but these super-units seem to HEAVILY skew the game towards those willing to spend a whole lot of real money. Much more-so than other games. Me no likey.

Most reactions

Latest posts