1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Kinect-Style Technology for iPad to be Shown at CES

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +97 / 0
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7PvCuc3WPQ[/ame]​

Mobile Magazine reports that a company called Elliptic Labs plans to showcase its Touchless Gesture User Interface technology at CES in Las Vegas this January. The interface is designed to enable the user to control their device by using hand movements, similar to Microsoft’s Kinect, without ever touching the screen. The interface operates via a touchless dock for the iPad, and Elliptic Labs will be showing off a prototype of the dock at CES.
    According to Mobile Magazine, the dock uses ultrasound technology to create a “touchless zone†of approximately one foot all around the iPad.

Sounds like a fantastic idea, hopefully we’ll get to see more demos of the dock after CES.

Source: Kinect-like technology for iPad to wave through CES - Mobile Magazine
  2. w7koa

w7koa iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Help me understand what this could used for. I'm sure I am missing something here.
  3. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Agreed.

I'm normally all for new technologies and stuff but I cannot think of a single practical use for this.
  4. silverstone

silverstone iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am also new in this technologies and stuff that is why i have no idea on how to use it.
  5. JohnMorris

JohnMorris iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Elliptic Labs have introduced a new technology for interacting with tablet devices called “Mimesignâ€.It uses a touch less technology by different hands or body movements to control and use iPad without touching the screen.