What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle upload

JRHBFD68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to transfer books from Kindle to iPad? Thanks.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If they were bought from the kindle store, you just need to sign into your account on the ipad app, and they will be available in your archive for you. If they aren't from the kindle store then I'm not sure.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DefBref's method is the preferred one.

However, if you need to copy Kindle compatible books to the iPad's Kindle app directly, you can use File Sharing in iTunes. This works most of the time. Early versions of the app occasionally had problems, and I have not tested it since, so YMMV.

Hold in mind that the Kindle app on the iPad will not handle all the formats that the Kindle device will. As far as I know it will only read .azw and .mobi files. If you have other formats (non-DRM) then there are other apps that you can copy them too and read. iBooks will do ePub and PDF.

I used to recommend Stanza for offbeat formats, but Amazon has announced that the iOS 5 fix was the last update the app will receive.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they were bought from the kindle store, you just need to sign into your account on the ipad app, and they will be available in your archive for you.

I think only the books that are achieved and are not actually on the Kindle. Amazon afaik won't let you have books on two devices at the same time.
We use this system to share books between two iPads and one Kindle. All books are purchased on one Amazon account and then just shared between the devices as people want to read them.
When you go to the Amazon account you can see a list of devices that are connected to the account and just send the book to whichever device you want at the time of purchase.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Amazon does allow books on multiple devices at same time (actually its on a book by book basis, with some newer books restricting the amount of copies) but the vast majority of current books are allowed on more than one device at a time, its one of the major advantages of kindle, you can be reading a book on your kindle, pick up your ipad and continue from the same place, then perhaps move to your Pc and do the same thing again, all thanks to whispersync. Me and the wife share a kindle, ipad, two iphones and I have my work Pc setup for kindle as well. I have all the books I'm currently reading available to me on all devices at the same time. Just make sure if your sharing with other people your not reading the same book or your bookmarks will get all mixed up.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most Kindle books allow for five licenses, which means you can access them on up to five devices on the same Kindle account. The license numbers are set by the publisher. If you go over your licenses, you can call Amazon and they can reset that for you in some instances, like if you used one on a device you've sold. That might not be workable if you have a huge library, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts