What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kindle reader app

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I love reading on my ipad, I usually read a lot of pdfs for school, and I like the different color highlight options and search functions in goodreader and iannotate. But when I purchase a book from kindle and read it in the kindle app, there are not all these options, and it really bugs me. Do you know if there is an app that can open kindle books, but whit better and more notes and highlighting options?

(I converted a book to pdf once, but it looks really bad and has a lot of weird mistakes...)

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kindle app has highlighting and search...

To highlight, press and hold a word and a pop up appears with a highlight option and 'drag bars'....

Tim

OP
S

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I know... But I have to have different colours and options... I know that's demanding, but when studying for exams and in general it is necessary, at least for me. And since I have these options in paper I think it's annoying not to have them on the ipad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there usually is no way to open a Kindle (Amazon) book in any app other than the Kindle app. That's because Amazon has placed Digital Right Management (DRM) coding on each book. This restrict your ability to read that book on any other product than a Kindle product (the app or an actual Kindle e-reader).

All major booksellers use this DRM. It's the nature of the beast - especially for textbooks. So, it's really not the iPad's/Apple's fault - it's the company (or publisher) from whom you got your e-book...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Marilyn

OP
S

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see, that is a shame, and kind of a bad service from kindle... Hope they think more of the non-fiction readers in the future.

Thanks

Most reactions