What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle not syncing

Liselot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been unable to synch kindle books on my iPad and ITouch. Synching occurs on some books and on others it synchs initially and then it stops. Does anyone else have this issue?. Is it a kindle or apple issue ???????

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a kindle or Apple issue.I've downloaded many books to my kindle app and most of the books take less than 5 seconds to download.I've never had a book that stopped downloading and wouldn't finish.
Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but the OP may be referring to books keeping their current page, bookmarks, and notes in sync.

I can't address how reliable this is myself. I rarely read on anything but the iPad these days. I will say it probably depends heavily on whether all devices have an internet connection, how often, and how reliably.

For instance, you may not be able to start reading where you left of on a second device if it does not have an internet connection when you first open the app. Likewise if you last read the book on the other device when you were offline.

The Kindle app can only sync when it is open and the device is online. If you consistently do your reading when there is no internet available, then the syncing will be erratic.

Last edited:

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Liselot said:
Have been unable to synch kindle books on my iPad and ITouch. Synching occurs on some books and on others it synchs initially and then it stops. Does anyone else have this issue?. Is it a kindle or apple issue ???????

This has been happening to me too!!!

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switch back and forth from my iPad to my android phone to my lpatop on a fairly regular basis and it all syncs up fine....assuming I have an Internet connection on whatever device I'm using at the time.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Known problem, Apple devices have difficulty syncing if you close the app from a book page. When you have finished reading, before you close the app go to the home (library) page and see if that helps.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the Other posts, it seems like its a known problem. Maybe you have too little space (MB, GB)?

Most reactions

Latest posts