What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle like case available?

weaselnoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a verrry simple leather case just like the Kindle comes with. One that doesnt go over the perimeter of the device. Basically I dont want to cover up the beautiful edges of the iPad yet still have it in a book-style cover.

here is the kindle case..

41OSgigl7rL._AA280_.jpg

41VFwdQ3G0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

51l7PhykaeL._AA280_.jpg

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use this one from Griffin
But I'll recommend against it unless they changed the retaining straps.
One of them straddles the on/off switch, another the microphone and the other, part of the speaker. Otherwise, I like it.

AppleConvert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kindle case has hinges that attach directly to small hinge ports in the spine of the Kindle. A brilliant idea, IMHO.

I *wish* Apple had given iPad a similar hinge system. Without that attachment mechanism, there's no way we'll see an iPad case as clean as the Kindle case; the case has to secure the iPad somehow... either with straps (ugly, I agree!) or something that surrounds the outer edge of the iPad.

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
..the case has to secure the iPad somehow... either with straps (ugly, I agree!) or something that surrounds the outer edge of the iPad.

Not necessarily. My Yoobao V3 uses padded clips that leave the edges of the iPad and all connectors and controls free.

yoobao_newcase_5.jpg

yoobao_newcase_3.jpg

(Not a shill for Yoobao - just a satisfied owner.)

OP
W

weaselnoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use this one from Griffin
But I'll recommend against it unless they changed the retaining straps.
One of them straddles the on/off switch, another the microphone and the other, part of the speaker. Otherwise, I like it.

now that case isn't bad, but i hate the straps. they look terrible.

since the ipad doesnt have a 'hinge' like the kindle, i'd consider modding one of the available cases with velcro underneath and removing any 'straps' in lieu of the kindle hinge..

Cybernevets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also been looking for cases that provide minimal coverage of the ipad itself. The three I'm considering are:

Vaja Involution (~$150 from cases.com)
The Yoobao "V3/V4 Pdababy Magic Case" mentioned above (~$50 from ebay)
The Cyber Acoustics iPad Portfolio (~$40)

All of these have been discussed in this forum.

OP
W

weaselnoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also been looking for cases that provide minimal coverage of the ipad itself. The three I'm considering are:

Vaja Involution (~$150 from cases.com)
The Yoobao "V3/V4 Pdababy Magic Case" mentioned above (~$50 from ebay)
The Cyber Acoustics iPad Portfolio (~$40)

All of these have been discussed in this forum.

ooo thanks for sharing. So far the Cyber Acoustics case is my favorite out of all the cases ive seen

Most reactions

Latest posts