What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle -for iPad?

OmarKN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,
Sorry if this has been answered already (couldn't find anything):

Can i read a Kindle ebook on my iPad?

(I think it's possible, maybe with GoodReader?)

bw, Omar K N

:eek:

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an official Kindle app which works better than the actual Kindle for color, maps, photos, etc.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi,
Sorry if this has been answered already (couldn't find anything):

Can i read a Kindle ebook on my iPad?

(I think it's possible, maybe with GoodReader?)

bw, Omar K N

:eek:

All you have to do is download the Kindle app. Got mine on Amazon.com I think, but probably its in the app store. Just search on Kindle.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
P.S. Just noticed DontUnderstandMyIpad's comment and want to add something to it: I think Kindle is now useable with Overdrive so that you can check out library copies.

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the app on an iPad and PC, will annotation sync? That is, whatever highlights I make with either device will show up on the other?

Reaction score
LawPad2 said:
With the app on an iPad and PC, will annotation sync? That is, whatever highlights I make with either device will show up on the other?

I really thought it did sync notes, but now that you ask can I not get it to sync from one iPad to the other.

Off to do some more testing...

Ok, yes, as thought does the Kindle app sync notes and highlights across onto any device you use. After finishing the notes, just go back to the Kindle app Homescreen and press Sync, than Sync from another device and you have all notes shared

Last edited:
Reaction score
LawPad2 said:

I really thought it did sync notes, but now that you ask can I not get it to sync from one iPad to the other.

Off to do some more testing...

Ok, yes, as thought does the Kindle app sync notes and highlights across onto any device you use. After finishing the notes, just go back to the Kindle app Homescreen and press Sync, than Sync from another device and you have all notes shared

That's my favorite part of the app. I can note, bookmark, whatever and don't have to remember Which device I did it on.
Each time you start the app it does what's called Whisper Sync that syncs all notes, page points, bookmarks, etc to the device you are starting the app on

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Summer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question about Kindle on iPad also. I have A Kindle which I love and I just got my iPad last week. I downloaded the Kindle on my iPad but I was wondering this. I use the 3G on my iPad because I live in a rural area. If I am reading books from my iPad will I be using up my gb that I pay a monthly fee from on AT&T. In other words, when I am reading from my Kindle device, I am not using 3G when I am just reading, but I think anytime I am on my iPad I would be using the 3G, so I am thinking I wouldn't want to read too much on my iPad. Would that be correct?

Thanks

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If you've already downloaded to your iPad, then you will only use a tiny amount of data for the whispersync of how far you've read. Which you can switch off if you want, just makes it difficult if your using multiple devices to read the same book.

Downloading books will use the most data, but once done, your ok to read them without using any further data.

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you are reading a book on your IPad Kindle app, the book is stored on your iPad so it should not be using your 3G data allotment.

I have a wifi version and can read even when I don't have wifi available.

Most reactions

Latest posts