What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle for Ipad and overseas charges to read

mmccallister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been on the web and on the phone for days trying to get this answer. I have an IPAD 3g + wifi on which I have the Kindle for iPad app. I have already in the United States downloaded all the books I'll want for an upcoming two weeks in London. I know I can read my Kindle books with no charge in a wifi spot there, but I can't determine if I can read the downloaded books in London when NOT in a wifi spot. I am not talking about downloaded books overseas, only reading them. Will I need a dataplan to read the books in non-wifi settings? Thanks, mmccallister

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your best bet would be do download whatever you want to read from your archive to your home page on the Kindle app before you leave. Once you have downloaded all of your books, they will actually exist in your iPad and you will not need any connection to read them. You can even put your iPad in Airplane mode for the flight over (which shuts off your WiFi and 3g service) and read your books while in the air.

You only need to be connected to purchase books or to download them from your archive.

Most reactions