What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle/Cloud

kadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to ipads. I now possess an ipad2 on which is a Kindle app. When I pressed it I got 'cloud' and 'device' both of which led to nowhere.
I want to download books from Amazon on to the ipad2. Do I have to use the 'cloud' or 'device' feature. If so, how?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have an Amazon account on which you've purchased Kindle books? Have you signed onto that account with the Kindle app?

You won't see anything on your iPad Kindle app unless you've done both of these things.

You have to buy Kindle books on Amazon's website before you can download them to the app.

OP
K

kadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you KKK and Zunix...much obliged. I have an account there but did not know to proceed as you say. :)

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, the iCloud's advantage is that it keeps track of where you are while reading. If I am reading a book on my iPhone and get to page 12, later in the day if I open my iPad to read the same book it will be updated through iCloud to let the iPad know that I am on page 12 on my iPhone and page 12 will be opened in the same book on my iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, the iCloud's advantage is that it keeps track of where you are while reading. If I am reading a book on my iPhone and get to page 12, later in the day if I open my iPad to read the same book it will be updated through iCloud to let the iPad know that I am on page 12 on my iPhone and page 12 will be opened in the same book on my iPad.

Yes - that is correct, IF you are using iBooks. it's the same way Amazon works with whispersyncing and the Kindle apps/devices. And, I'm sure, so do other book companies.

Very handy feature(s), IMO.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:

Almost correct. When you open the book on your iPad you will see a pop up window that states you are on page 12 on your iPhone. It will ask if you want to go to that page, accept, and you will go to that page.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost correct. When you open the book on your iPad you will see a pop up window that states you are on page 12 on your iPhone. It will ask if you want to go to that page, accept, and you will go to that page.

Ah, good point, Scifan. Thanks for the detail. Amazon does the same thing ... and it's what I use the most. Missed mentioning that part.

Marilyn

OP
K

kadon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading the comments above I learn a lot. I'd like to report that I have downloaded a book from Amazon successfully. I have lots still to learn and thank you for your feedback.

Most reactions

Latest posts