What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle books

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been using an iPad 3 and just ordered an iPad Air. I have the Kindle app and quite a few Kindle books, many broken out into specific collection types on the older iPad.

Is there anyway I can transfer these book and collections to the new iPad Air?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) The more important issue is do you have your iPad 3 'backed up' to a computer and/or to iCloud? If so, I'm assuming that you plan to use either source to 'restore' to the iPad Air which should pretty much create a clone on your new iDevice.

Let us know this first - there is plenty in the forum on making this transition, so do some searching and/or ask some questions concerning your transition - good luck! Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using an iPad 3 and just ordered an iPad Air. I have the Kindle app and quite a few Kindle books, many broken out into specific collection types on the older iPad. Is there anyway I can transfer these book and collections to the new iPad Air?
When you install the Kindle app on your new device and login with your Amazon account, collections you set up in another Kindle app or a Kindle Fire/Paperwhite should sync to the app.

The books will be available in the "Cloud" tab:

image-1801618983.jpg

To get a book to your new iPad, tap a book there and it will start downloading. You'll find it in the "Device" tab afterwards.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is very nice about the Kindle App is that you don't have to download every book in your list, taking up storage space on your iPad Air. When you're done reading a title, you can remove it from your device but it is still available to read again if you like to do so.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is what I am hoping will happen.

You will have two buttons at the bottom of the page - Cloud and Device. Click the cloud and all of your books will be there

image-3792481963.jpg

Like this. You will have to scroll if you have a lot.

Select which books you want physically on your device and they will download to the iPad/iPhone and they will show up in the Device

image-506997282.jpg

Like this. This way you get all of your books but don't need to take up all of your storage keeping them on the device.

They will sync bookmarks and where you have read up to between devices also

Most reactions

Latest posts